Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

knglover

VIP
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by knglover

  1. knglover replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    Very somber day in the Washington DC Metro area today. I just ran some errands and I have to tell you all that there are very few people around here with smiles. Speaking from a human perspective, I don't know what type of man Sean Taylor was off the field but I grieve mostly for his child and then his family. As a Redskins fan, I grieve for his teamates and coaches. They are the ones that have to go out and continue to play. This is a heavy burden to for them and I hope the rest of the nation knows how devastating this is for the team as a whole. I heard something on the radio while I was out. Some guy on ESPN radio was suggesting that the NFL will likin this to the tragedy that struck the Bills earlier this season with Kevin Everitt. I totally disagree with that philosiphy b/c in this instance there is no hope for recovery. The Bills are inspired by Kevins determination to walk again while the Redskins are left to pick up the pieces without hope. There will be 9 guys on defense that will not be able to look back and know that there safety net is there to bail them out if by some chance they fall short. There will be one very young guy that cant look to his right or left and know that there will always be his fellow bash brother to help him up. And probably the one player that will be in the position for the next 10-12 years that will always be reminded that if we lived in a perfect world things would be different. Today is a very tough day for all fans of UM and Washington. May God let Sean Taylor rest in peace.............................
  2. Man, are we so jaded that even when there is blatant good news we shrug it off and say that ownership will screw it up. The answer is yes. While most of you know that I don't live down in S. Fla, it still pains me from afar to see this team to have screwed up and over its fans as much as this. I suggest you all look at it from this perspective: The leprechaun is known for his verbal diarrhea of the mouth and in this case it did not happen. So one of two things happened here and i can't see either being a bad thing. First, the FO knows that its put up or shut time and The leprechaun has been humbled by the tall men in suits or Loria has told him that he needed to keep his mouth shut this time and let the real adults do the business. Either way Samson's lack of reaction when threatened speaks volumes as to what the real story here is. I am not saying get your hopes up again but there may be light at the end of the tunnel finally!
  3. I agree in essence with what you all are saying, however if he weren't to come back as the starter it sets a bad precedent. Other guys on the team would believe that there position was not safe if they became injured and you would see alot more serious injuries b/c some players would be too scared to speak up about a nagging one. Now, I know that some of you would say that that is ridiculous for most players on this team to think but then if you do that for some and not for others then the favoritism card is played. Anyway you slice it, you have to give the guy a crack at the position he won out Spring Training and give him the opportunity to fail and show that he needs to be sent down.
  4. Who do you think is going?? I think: Miguel Cabrera Dan Uggla ( although brandon phillips is having an allstar year) Hanley Ramirez ( Hard with J.Reyes , E. Renteria, J. Rollins, A. Gonzalez) S. Mitre I think all four of those could be good bets. Mitre may have a tough time. I would love to see Gregg make it too but he may not have the number of saves to make it. All five of those guys deserve it.
  5. Ouch I guess I'll focus my energy on writing a new marlins song. my ramblings had nothing to do with you, it is the quality of writing and the medias general idea that everyone of their readers are ignoramous' children
  6. Same ole same ole.. I really hope we spout of some wins so we're towards the top at the deadline and dont have to hear this cabs and dtrain stuff everyday... nonetheless, heres the blurbs Joseph (Anaheim, CA): Will the Marlins part ways with Miguel Cabrera if the right deal comes along? SportsNation Jayson Stark: I keep hearing no on Cabrera. The Marlins haven't decided they're out of contention yet, anyway. They're 4 1/2 out in the east, remember. But if they do fall back, they've sent out signals they'd listen on Dontrelle Willis, not Cabrera. So watch this team (and Dontrelle's health) very closely over the next few weeks. jim (sf): kobe for cabrera? SportsNation Jayson Stark: I think we'd definitely lead Sportscenter with that deal! I don't think Cabrera can run the floor the way he used to. And Kobe might have a tough time only batting once every nine hitters. But hey, that's just my take. Shaq (Miami): I don't want Kobe in Florida. SportsNation Jayson Stark: OK, how about Kobe and Penny for Shaq and Cabrera? So yea, nothing of substance.. but pretty funny. No offense to you Iowa, but after reading that I feel like I should have a short bus to catch and window licking on my mind. Oh how I feel for you all down there in that media vacuum. You all seriously have a bunch monkeys slinging crap at you and calling it news. Thank god that a majority of people on this board know fecal matter when they see it.
  7. I'd like to see Eric Byrnes play down here some how, but I don't know if Arizona would give him up. Markakis would also be nice, but same thing with Byrnes, I don't think Baltimore would give him up, but they might turn into sellers now that Tejada is down. Markakis is the only bright young non-pitcher on that team. Everyone else will go, including angelos, way before him. Byrnes isn't fast enough to play center field for us.
  8. per mlbtraderumors.com "In return, the Cubs received backup catcher Rob Bowen, a young outfielder named Kyler Burke, and cash considerations."
  9. Found this online somewhere and though I would share. 1. If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and you could sure use some money. 2. If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "I'm so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems. My arthritis is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died... " 3. If they say they're John Doe from XYZ Company, ask them to spell their name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located, how long it has been in business, how many people work there, how they got into this line of work if they are married, how many kids they have, etc. Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary. 4. This works great if you are male. Telemarketer: "Hi, my name is Judy and I'm with XYZ Company." You: Wait for a second and with a real husky voice ask, "What are you wearing?" 5. Cry out in surprise, "Judy? Is that you? Oh my God! Judy, how have you been?" Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of terror as she tries to figure out where she could know you from. 6. Say "No" over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each one, and keep a rhythmic tempo, even as they are trying to speak. This is most fun if you can do it until they hang up. 7. If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up for the Family and Friends Plan, reply, in as sinister a voice as you can, "I don't have any friends, would you be my friend?" 8. If the company cleans rugs, respond: "Can you get out blood? Can you get out goat blood? How about human blood?" 9. After the Telemarketer gives his or her spiel, ask him or her to marry you. When they get all flustered, tell them that you can't just give your credit card number to a complete stranger. 10. Tell the Telemarketer that you work for the same company, and they can't sell to employees. 11. Answer the phone. As soon as you realize it is a Telemarketer, set the receiver down, scream, "Oh my God!" and then hang up. 12. Tell the Telemarketer you are busy at the moment and ask him/her if he/she will give you his/her home phone number so you can call him/her back. When the Telemarketer explains that telemarketers cannot give out their home numbers say, "I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at home, right?" The Telemarketer will agree and you say, "Me either!" Hang up. 13. Ask them to repeat everything they say, several times. 14. Tell them it is dinner time, but ask if they would please hold. Put them on your speaker phone while you continue to eat at your leisure. Smack your food loudly and continue with your dinner conversation. 15. Tell the Telemarketer you are on "home incarceration" and ask if they could bring you some beer. 16. Ask them to fax the information to you, and make up a number. 17. Tell the Telemarketer, "Okay, I'll listen to you. But I should probably tell you, I'm not wearing any clothes." 18. Insist that the caller is really your buddy Leon, playing a joke. "Come on, Leon, cut it out! Seriously, Leon, how's your momma?" 19. Tell them you are hard of hearing and that they need to speak up... louder... louder... 20. Tell them to talk very slowly, because you want to write every word down.
  10. Wait, is he talking about p2p programs or free online filehosting to send files? free online filehosting to send files
  11. I have used Kazaa and Filecroc. Now I need a new one and I am drawing a blank for some reason. Thanks in advance for your help.
  12. Didn't we go down this road with Girardi last season? I think that before any of us make judgement on Fredi and his use of the bullpen, we should ask ourselves "if the scoreboard were different, would we be complaining?" I think the answer that you will get will be no. I just don't want another year of hearing about poor bullpen mgmt. cost us games. Every teams bullpen is going to account for some losses. Its the nature of the beast.
  13. On the pregame it sounded like Freddy stated he was going to get the nod tommorow. I Stand corrected. My bad.
  14. article? Dont get me wrong its great news but I think its sudden right?
  15. they arent signed with him beyond this season. I am gonna be ticked off if they just stick him in the Kellogs car I would rather him take Mears sponsers and put mears into the Kellogs.
  16. The question now shifts from "who's car is he gonna drive?" to "Is budweiser still gonna be on his car?" I think he starts over fresh, IMO. Visa or Coca-Cola is my guess.
  17. I agree with what you guys are saying but when the public has to pay to hear what O&A have to say, the XM brass should have more respect for their audience than they have shown.
  18. Remember, XM is selling O&A cleaned up to stations to air in the mornings....so this move cost them some bucks. XM wanted to slap O&A on the wrist...and I agree it needed to happen. The incident, which you can find audio of on the web, was not "speech"...it was disgusting. While I understand your arguments and I can't say that you did not enlighten me a little, my argument was never the content of what they said. It was as a consumer, I should not be censored for something that I am paying for and ultimatley taking a risk of possibly being offended over by turning on. I choose to turn to channel 202 and take the risk of not liking what I hear. Going into the subscription, I knew there were "Explicit Lyric" channels. Everyone should know and if there is even a chance that there would be an instance that something being over the top, I have the ability to call XM or go online and block those channels. That is my right as a consumer of the product. However, on the subject of what was said, whether it was disgusting or not was irrelevant, it was satire and nothing else. The gentleman who made the comment is a homeless drunkard that was spouting off at the mouth and happened to say something that struck a nerve. I highly doubt that he will ever, ever, ever be in a position to committ the acts that he was saying. With that said, this whole thing is ridiculous. Lets take a second to think about our societies reaction to the comments had he replaced Condy, Ms. Bush, and her Majesty with Britney, Lindsay, and Paris. My hunch tells me that no one would have said a word. However you look at it, there are so many issues that should be addressed here that will be just overlooked because of an overzealous conservative Witchhunt.
  19. I am a fan of the O&A Show and I am a subscriber of XM Radio. I understand the severity of what was said on the show and to be honest, at the time, I thought that it was a little harsh. However, as a subscriber of XM Radio I pay a premium to enjoy the opportunity to hear things that the Moral Majority briefcase toting conservatives in this country have deemed inappropriate for me to hear on FM radio. By doing that, I feel as though if I am responsible enough to make my payments on time, I am responsible to change the channel if I deem something to be inappropriate or even more block the channel altogether. For those who don't have XM, compare this situation with a scenario of HBO deciding that they aren't going to show any R rated movies because it offends a group of people or for that matter compare a Pay-per-view movie that the provider bleeps all the curse words or blurs out all the nudity and violence. This suspension/firing(mark my words: they will be fired!) is a step in the wrong direction regardless of whether you agree with what was said or not. For those who would like more information on the topic go to www.Wackback.com sorry the correct site is wackbag.com
  20. I am a fan of the O&A Show and I am a subscriber of XM Radio. I understand the severity of what was said on the show and to be honest, at the time, I thought that it was a little harsh. However, as a subscriber of XM Radio I pay a premium to enjoy the opportunity to hear things that the Moral Majority briefcase toting conservatives in this country have deemed inappropriate for me to hear on FM radio. By doing that, I feel as though if I am responsible enough to make my payments on time, I am responsible to change the channel if I deem something to be inappropriate or even more block the channel altogether. For those who don't have XM, compare this situation with a scenario of HBO deciding that they aren't going to show any R rated movies because it offends a group of people or for that matter compare a Pay-per-view movie that the provider bleeps all the curse words or blurs out all the nudity and violence. This suspension/firing(mark my words: they will be fired!) is a step in the wrong direction regardless of whether you agree with what was said or not. For those who would like more information on the topic go to www.Wackback.com
  21. knglover replied to The Fan's topic in Sports
    I just saw this on the sports page for usatoday.com in their fantasy player report. usatoday Brady Quinn (QB) CLG: Report: Raiders enter negotiations with Quinn I can't believe is true but its there on a reputable website. Thought you all would like to see this.
  22. At this point I think your prediction is a little far-fetched. Dont get me wrong, if they do it would be awesome but raising your BA at least 10 points with the amount of games left is a little much. I would like it if they both finished .295.
  23. In each pitching matchup agianst the Brewers the Marlins have the lower ERA And what is your point? Lower ERA does not make one a better pitcher. Indeed we need to pray that our offense provides enough runs for us to take 3/4 or sweep the series against the Brewers. :gofishb But the Brewers have a much better lineup... :whistle it should be a great series, look for many even games but the Fish have to win 3 of 4 with Cincy playing good ball. This may sound crazy but Cincy could win their division with how they are playing right now. The Cards are the ones who need to be afraid of losing the Wild card at this point!
  24. Is it the team with the lowest record to put a claim on him the one that is granted the rights to trade for him? Kinda of like football? I don't think that it would be too far fetched for us to be the ones who were granted the rights. Atlanta, in my opinion, has been a team that seems to have their heads on straight and calculates moves very carefully. They never seem to make a move just to make a move. I'm saying that if they have weighed the positives and negatives of trading him while they still can and letting him become a 10-5 player by not trading him, obviously keeping in mind that they realistically cannot compete in the playoffs, maybe they really could care less who they trade him to. All I am saying is that we can all agree that while we certainly can't ever root for the Braves, everyone can see through the years why their organization makes it real easy for those to root that do. They are consistantly calculating every move they make. They know that Andruw more than likely will only be here through this season and they rid themselves of a high contract while getting decent prospects from us. They know what they are doing. I certainly don't like the Braves but I sure as hell respect the organization alot more than our other rivals out there!
  25. Voodoo George

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.