Marlins Ballpark with teal seats

PeteU

Over on the Baseball-Fever.com message board for ballparks, there is a movement by some Marlins fans to petition the Marlins to consider teal seats instead of the proposed dark blue seats, in order to match the team color. There was a similar movement by Cardinals fans before Busch Stadium III opened, as the original plans had green seats instead of Cardinal Red seats. Eventually the Cardinals ownership agreed to put it to a fan vote, and red seats won.

Anyways, someone did an edit of the plans and put together what the new Marlins Ballpark would look like with teal seats, and I posted them above. I think it looks pretty nice, a lot more interesting and true to the Marlins and the South Florida area than the boring blue that is planned.

If you like the idea of teal seats as well, email David Sampson at [email protected] to let him know.

The link to the Baseball-Fever "Project Teal" discussion is here:

http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?p=1575142&posted=1#post1575142

teal handcuffs the team in regards to a future color scheme change. petition or not there is zero chance those seats are teal ever, and i certainly can't blame the decision makers for it. no permanent fixture in the new park will be any color than dark blue, black, white, or silver is my bet.

teal handcuffs the team in regards to a future color scheme change. petition or not there is zero chance those seats are teal ever, and i certainly can't blame the decision makers for it. no permanent fixture in the new park will be any color than dark blue, black, white, or silver is my bet.

Seats are not permanent. I think seats probably get changed every 25-30 years. This ballpark should keep the Marlins in place for that long.

I hope they are ejector seats too...with built-in sensors so if a chair can tell someone is wearing a Phillies or a Yankees uniform, it ejects them out of the chair... just wishful thinking...

The seats should blow up when Mets fans sit in them :mischief (oh and don't worry about the casualties, a Marlins fan will know to RUN FOR THEIR LIVES once they see a Mets fan coming near them!) :thumbup

Was anyone watching the game last night when they showed sketches of the new ball park? To me it looked like the seats were teal, which I know had to be wrong from the other renderings we've seen. Wasn't quite sure what was going on with that.

The last rendering of seats were blue. They were blue at groundbreaking, and blue on the latest renderings on the website. I think you are refering to the painting that was shown on the left field wall.

I sent an email to David Samson and he actually responded. He said they he is assuring me that the seats look better blue and not teal. He said that teal did not go with the architecture. To bad that he is ridiculously incorrect.

Was anyone watching the game last night when they showed sketches of the new ball park? To me it looked like the seats were teal, which I know had to be wrong from the other renderings we've seen. Wasn't quite sure what was going on with that.

The last rendering of seats were blue. They were blue at groundbreaking, and blue on the latest renderings on the website. I think you are refering to the painting that was shown on the left field wall.