Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Source: Javier Vazquez talks get 'hot'

Featured Replies

Does anybody know what the terms for the first year of the supposed contract to Uggla were? How much money was he supposed to make? We've all been assuming since the beginning that it 12M for the first year, but I'm just wondering if anyone's released the actual number, because if it's higher then that means we have more to spend this offseason and trading Leo may not be the difference between the 3M and 8M.

 

I very much doubt the Marlins would give Uggla a top-heavy contract, but it's not impossible..

he has a career .503 W-L% against NL teams and his last season in the NL he had an ERA under 3. he's averaged 210 IP over the past 10 years... why wouldn't you want him? velocity. psh :D

Yeah, as much as I am lukewarm on Vazquez, if the Marlins are only going to spend money on another starter, and not a closer or thirdbaseman, then fine. But I would prefer to sign either a centerfielder or someone who can fill in at 3rd. Miguel Tejada could be had for around $5 mil most likely.

Did you steal Penguin's wit, or it's somehow not apparent that Brett Anderson is AMAZING - 22 years old, lefty, 2.80 ERA, better WHIP than Nolasco is had in 4/5 seasons, and he still costs the minimum. Sanchez is less ridiculous, but he still had an ERA 1.5 runs less than Ricky's, yet they're the same age and w/roughly identical experience.

 

Anderson is very promising but has had injuries issues, however finished strong, I love Sanchez but it appears that Nolasco when on is a bit better pitcher than Sanchez, I think Nolasco is a better fit for that rotation of course it may take some sweetening of the pot...BTW Gio Gonzalez is the A's top LHP if we could get Gio I would be ecstatic don't think we could though... Anyway I was saying more of these type LHP 's than these pitchers themselves

 

So...if this is true...why would we make this trade? It doesn't make sense either way you look at it. This isn't MLB 11 The Show, you can't just make trades for the sake of making a trade. It has to make sense for both teams. Put the Playstation controller down, my friend.

 

I love Ricky i really do why does it make sense it strengthens both rotations

I don't where all trades has to have a winner and a loser...Where that logic comes about is beyond anything known by reason. Nolascos high are higher than sanchez but his lows have been lower. I think Nolasco will be a good pitcher for a long time but so will Sanchez. Difference We need a dependable lefty starter which is not Nolasco. We need to stop beating up on Nolasco and that is where i believe you part from in your argument. If we keep him it's fine with me but as you say this is not Playstation or x-box360 you have to give up to get . Hate throwing your own words against you Puma Inever have much argument against you but here we can agree to disagree

Yeah, as much as I am lukewarm on Vazquez, if the Marlins are only going to spend money on another starter, and not a closer or thirdbaseman, then fine. But I would prefer to sign either a centerfielder or someone who can fill in at 3rd. Miguel Tejada could be had for around $5 mil most likely.

 

Bill Hall can be had for 3 million, but hopefully Beinfest knows best.

Yea guys, I was joking, lol.

 

 

 

 

 

Hopefully, Eddie was too...

rosenthal reports that the marlins have between 3-8 million to spend

 

 

I'm guessing $3MM would be if we keep Leo, and $8MM would be if we trade Leo. :mis2

Basically, yes.

 

Yep. Most likely that's what Rosenthal is taking into consideration in his newest "prediction."

 

Really dosen't matter. If we pick up a CFer, and I'm banking on it, most likely it won't be a FA signing. It will come via trade. We have some pretty interesting trade bait that fit alot of teams. It may take a 3 or 4 team deal, but I believe one gets done.

 

And I use the term "trade bait" as meaning guys that it wouldn't hurt our team to lose in order to get someone(s) that would help us in other areas.

So...if this is true...why would we make this trade? It doesn't make sense either way you look at it. This isn't MLB 11 The Show, you can't just make trades for the sake of making a trade. It has to make sense for both teams. Put the Playstation controller down, my friend.

 

This is totally irrelevant and off topic but I just had to point out that my PS3 has been quite stingy with trades lately. The stupid thing has some frickin thought process and trades are no longer made without any logic to them. Just sayin that this video game argument is slowly but surely not applying because games now veto trades quite a bit. How frustrating.

 

Moving on...

For all of you that wish to play Beinfest Jr Here is a list of major league starting LHP

Which pitcher would you believe is obtainable in a trade that would include Ricky Nolasco

(may include other players as well)

that you would be happy with and feel its actually feasable ... Have fun!

Listed are pitchers names and present ages (All pitchers are under 30)

 

Angels

 

Scott Kazmir (24)

 

Astros

 

JA Happ (28)

 

A's

 

Brett Anderson (22)

 

Gio Gonzalez (25)

 

BlueJays

 

Ricky Romero (26)

 

Brett Cecil (24)

 

Marc Rzepczynski (25)

 

Braves

 

Mike Minor (22)

 

Brewers

 

Chris Narveson (28)

 

Cardinals

 

Jaime Garcia (24)

 

Cubs

 

Tom Gorzelanny (28)

 

DBacks

 

Joe Saunders (29)

 

Zack Duke (27)

 

Dodgers

 

Clayton Kershaw (22)

 

Giants

 

Jonathan Sanchez (28)

 

Madison Bumgarner (21)

 

Mariners

 

Jason Vargas (27)

 

Luke French (25)

 

Mets

 

Jon Niese (24)

 

Nationals

 

Ross Detwiler (24)

 

John Lannan (26)

 

Orioles

 

Brian Matusz (23)

 

Padres

 

Clayton Richard (27)

 

Corey Luebke (25)

 

Wade LeBlanc (26)

 

Pirates

 

Paul Maholm (28)

 

Rangers

 

Derek Holland (24)

 

Red Sox

 

Jon Lester (26)

 

Reds

 

Travis Wood (23)

 

 

Tigers

 

Phil Coke (28)

 

Twins

 

Brian Duensing (27)

 

Francisco Liriano (27)

 

White Sox

 

John Danks (25)

 

Chris Sale (21)

 

Fixed!

I would take Kazmir and a prospect for Nolasco and a prospect---but that would never happen.

I've always liked John Lannan, I was kinda hoping he would have been included in the Olsen/Hammer deal.

there is nothing feasible about the white sox trading chris sale, fyi :)

I would take Kazmir and a prospect for Nolasco and a prospect---but that would never happen.

 

 

 

Thank God you're not the Marlins GM then.

Rangers and Blue Jays left-handed pitchers seem very attractive and possible trade to me

And I use the term "trade bait" as meaning Gaby Sanchez, who I've been predicting we would get rid of since last offseason.

And I use the term "trade bait" as meaning Gaby Sanchez, who I've been predicting we would get rid of since last offseason.

 

 

 

:lol

Ill take Gio Gonzalez, bring him back to his hometown!

 

Before Uggla got shipped to ATL.. I had spoken to Gio and he told me he was hearing that the Marlins were after him in a deal for Uggla

And I use the term "trade bait" as meaning Gaby Sanchez, who I've been predicting we would get rid of since last offseason.

 

 

 

:lol

I can't find the post, but I do remember him saying at one point that Gaby would be gone before Spring Training 2010.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.