Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pujols to Angels

Featured Replies

This is... surreal.

 

Is this what the offseason feels like to high payroll teams every year?

 

 

Only difference, those teams are used to offering and getting. We're still unsure if we'll get him... well at least all of us not named squall.

You know what the funny thing is, even if we sign Pujols then we have a core of Pujols/Reyes/Hanley/Stanton/LoMo/Bell/JJ who are either the best at their positions or will be some day.

 

And we would still only have half the payroll the Yankees do...

I had a dream that we signed Pujols at 4 years, $50mm ... I was going bananas in said dream for getting him so cheap.

 

This came 2 days after I had a dream we signed Reyes which was the day we signed Reyes [the day I woke up on, that is].

So ... we're signing Albert. Today. ;D

I sure hope so... I hope we're not being used by Lozano only for leverage over St Louis. I hope that if Pujols does come here, its cause he wants to.

I sure hope so... I hope we're not being used by Lozano only for leverage over St Louis. I hope that if Pujols does come here, its cause he wants to.

 

 

He has shown a desire, if somewhat limited, in the past when trades came up.

I believe Pujols had a limited no trade clause with the Cardinals... he listed a few teams among the exceptions... Marlins were on that list.

I cant wait for all of your likes when its announced today and there is a party on saturday.

 

Since I had a dream about the signing, I'm on your side now, Squall!

I cant wait for all of your likes when its announced today and there is a party on saturday.

 

 

You will get nothing if there is no party.

If we do sign Pujols are we saying....starting pitching was so thin on the market and we can't match the Braves and Phils with starting pitching we'll try to counter that with an outstanding offense??? That's what it would look like to me.

10 years?! One wonders if the dollar figure is going to come close to arod's

 

Is this real life? Am I still sleeping?

Just move him to third

I had a dream that Pujols ultimately ended up re-signing with the Cardinals :/ I hope it doesn't come true, but I have a feeling that's how it's going to end. Pujols is probably just trying to use the Marlins as a way of scaring the Cardinals. I can't see the Cardinals letting him get away.

You know what the funny thing is, even if we sign Pujols then we have a core of Pujols/Reyes/Hanley/Stanton/LoMo/Bell/JJ who are either the best at their positions or will be some day.

 

And we would still only have half the payroll the Yankees do...

 

 

What is this i don't even.... mind is full of f*#K

@Jon_Heyman: Cubs are eyeing fielder more than pujols. they've talked to pujols but won't do 9 or even 10 yrs for 31-yr-old.

So, anyone else feel sorta bad for Gaby?

 

 

Yeah I do as well. Wish we could find an area inthe organization if a trade can't be found.

I cant wait for all of your likes when its announced today and there is a party on saturday.

 

 

Not saying that you are. . . but what happens if the deal falls through, can we parade you through the streets of Little Havana in a cage with only a loin cloth so we can through tomatoes and other things at you?

If Marlins refuse to offer Pujols a no-trade clause, this will be clear sign they understand whole thing might not work.

-Buster

If Marlins refuse to offer Pujols a no-trade clause, this will be clear sign they understand whole thing might not work.

 

-Buster Olney

 

If it comes down to a No-Trade clause, then forget it. I would not give a 31 year old(?) player a 9-10 year contract with a no trade clause. Don't care who it is.

Ah, don't think Pujols is coming to Miami. He's toying with us.. He just wants more $ from STL.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.