December 6, 201114 yr Why does winter meetings have to be finals week? Dammit! same here! ^^^this But there's no way the Marlins can afford him right? I know there's a new stadium, but I really don't know if they can actually afford him for the next 10 years.
December 6, 201114 yr Finals on the 12th over here so ha! Do have a s**tload of homework that's due tommorow morning and a test.. I'm so f**ked.
December 6, 201114 yr "The Cardinals view the Marlins as "a real threat" for Pujols, tweets Newsday's Ken Davidoff."
December 6, 201114 yr Why does winter meetings have to be finals week? Dammit! same here! ^^^this But there's no way the Marlins can afford him right? I know there's a new stadium, but I really don't know if they can actually afford him for the next 10 years. 9 year deal. problem solved.
December 6, 201114 yr Yeah, I have two exams tomorrow morning. But **** it! ¡PACHANGA! #ImInCollegeToo! But yes, I wiped out 3 classes today and the other two exams are on Thursday and Friday and I have already all but secured As in them.
December 6, 201114 yr Author Yeah, I have two exams tomorrow morning. But **** it! ¡PACHANGA! #ImInCollegeToo! But yes, I wiped out 3 classes today and the other two exams are on Thursday and Friday and I have already all but secured As in them. GOOD FOR YOU
December 6, 201114 yr Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman deadspin stories on pujols agent lozano are talk of meeting. word is, pujols' wife wants lozano out. pujols has stayed.. twitter
December 6, 201114 yr Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman deadspin stories on pujols agent lozano are talk of meeting. word is, pujols' wife wants lozano out. pujols has stayed.. twitter By stayed, he means stayed with Lozano?
December 6, 201114 yr Pujols will be playing either way in the new ballpark on Opening Day...hopefully for the right team
December 6, 201114 yr Author Pujols will be playing either way in the new ballpark on Opening Day...hopefully for the right team ....although, I'm not sure we're the "right" team, in the same way that Miami may not have been the right team for Lebron (although it has been great for the NBA, but that's another story).
December 6, 201114 yr Pujols will be playing either way in the new ballpark on Opening Day...hopefully for the right team ....although, I'm not sure we're the "right" team, in the same way that Miami may not have been the right team for Lebron (although it has been great for the NBA, but that's another story). how is Miami not the right team for LeBron???????
December 6, 201114 yr Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman deadspin stories on pujols agent lozano are talk of meeting. word is, pujols' wife wants lozano out. pujols has stayed.. twitter What the f*** does this mean? I don't get it.
December 6, 201114 yr Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman deadspin stories on pujols agent lozano are talk of meeting. word is, pujols' wife wants lozano out. pujols has stayed.. twitter What the f*** does this mean? I don't get it. http://deadspin.com/dan-lozano/ enjoy
December 6, 201114 yr @Jon_Heyman: #cardinals do see #marlins as a pujols threat now. Word is miami may take payroll to $100M
December 6, 201114 yr Author @Jon_Heyman: #cardinals do see #marlins as a pujols threat now. Word is miami may take payroll to $100M I'm really curious to see the terms of the Reyes and Bell deals, at least as far as yearly salaries. Did we hear that Bell's is just $9/$9/$9?
December 6, 201114 yr Remember my stadium source? Told me that pujols deal is done. To expect an official announcement soon and a party on Saturday. I'm not joking. I can just picture the party on Saturday... Pujols, Reyes, and Hanley yukking it up. Pujols proclaiming, "vamos a ganar no uno, no dos, no tres, no cuatro, no cinco, no seis, pero siete campeonatos!" And Reyes and Hanley laughing their arses off.
December 6, 201114 yr Remember my stadium source? Told me that pujols deal is done. To expect an official announcement soon and a party on Saturday. I'm not joking. I can just picture the party on Saturday... Pujols, Reyes, and Hanley yukking it up. Pujols proclaiming, "vamos a ganar no uno, no dos, no tres, no cuatro, no cinco, no seis, pero siete campeonatos!" And Reyes and Hanley laughing their arses off. Then Hanley continues by saying... No uno, no dos, no tres, no cuatro, no cinco, no seis, no siete...
December 6, 201114 yr From @jaysonst 1 NL exec who spoke w/ #Marlins said they scheduled a 2nd meeting 2 try 2 get a clear idea of Pujols interest in coming 2 MIA More @jaysonst Clubs that have talked to #Marlins have come away with the clear impression they are pressing to sign Pujols quickly
December 6, 201114 yr I am optimistic, but I have the feeling he won't sign with us. I think we'll give him an offer that will ultimately make him choose between two competitive offers (ours might be the best), but the fact that they want to know whether he's genuinely interested and are starting to press suggests the Marlins are not the leaders here.
December 6, 201114 yr The Fish want a quick resolution so they can focus on other free agents. You'd hate to see Pujols drag this out then the Marlins lose out on Buehrle or Prince.. and then all of a sudden he goes back to StL and the Fish are screwed.
December 6, 201114 yr Author How serious are the Miami Marlins about their push to sign Albert Pujols? The team scheduled a second meeting of the day with Pujols' agent, Dan Lozano, for Monday night. The two sides met for about a half-hour Monday afternoon, and a source familiar with the meeting said that session was "very positive, very upbeat." There was no indication of whether the Marlins increased their original nine-year offer in the first meeting. But one NL executive who spoke with the team said they scheduled a second meeting to try to get a clear picture of Pujols' sincere level of interest in coming to Miami and hope to know soon "one way or the other." Clubs that have talked with the Marlins at the winter meetings have come away with the clear impression they are pressing to sign Pujols quickly. And in a public appearance following the team's official announcement of the signing of new closer Heath Bell, Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria did nothing to discourage talk that they have payroll room to sign Pujols, even after reeling in Bell and shortstop Jose Reyes. Loria said the club still has "the possibility of (adding) another player or two." When asked if the Marlins' pursuit of more big-name players was serious, Loria replied: "I'm a serious guy." ESPN I love the last line by Loria: I'm a serious guy." :lol
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.