December 5, 201114 yr Sources: #Marlins increase 9 year offer to Pujols in meeting today. Do or die time for STL.
December 5, 201114 yr Sources: #Marlins increase 9 year offer to Pujols in meeting today. wow, pretty hard to say no to a deal like that, I mean thats pretty much the rest of his playing days with the Fish
December 5, 201114 yr Sources: #Marlins increase 9 year offer to Pujols in meeting today. If this goes down, no bashing Loria or Samson for a WEEK.
December 5, 201114 yr Long way down the line but I wonder if he signs with us for 9 years, mashes the majority of the contract and wins a world series or two if he will go in the hall as a Cardnial or Marlin? Would be very interesting.
December 5, 201114 yr if this goes down punch me in the stomach and fist my asshole! ill take the pain.
December 5, 201114 yr Sources: #Marlins increase 9 year offer to Pujols in meeting today. wow, pretty hard to say no to a deal like that, I mean thats pretty much the rest of his playing days with the Fish If this deal were to happen it would be unprecedented. Not only is he one of the best ever, but he's the Jeter and Chipper of the Cardinals. The idea is exciting, but I don't want to reel in Pujols and miss out on Buehrle and Wilson as a result. We have a real chance to improve the rotation and I feel like it's being put on the back burner.
December 5, 201114 yr rather have prince but can't go wrong with pujols. his age scares me, and not just the one they list him as. a lot of people think he is already in year 4 of that contract if you understand what i mean. he is a flat out star though. imagine that lineup.
December 5, 201114 yr also, could you imagine us getting pujols AND wilson or buehrle. how crazy would that offseason be? then we trade gaby, dominguez, and nolasco for a starter.
December 5, 201114 yr Just thinking about Albert, does anyone else here remember when Albert hit that bomb down the left field line that hit off the face of the upperdeck? It was off Volstad I believe. The dude is just unreal
December 5, 201114 yr also, could you imagine us getting pujols AND wilson or buehrle. how crazy would that offseason be? then we trade gaby, dominguez, and nolasco for a starter. Let's not get carried away now...
December 5, 201114 yr if this goes down punch me in the stomach and fist my asshole! ill take the pain. I promised my girlfriend if we landed Albert I would go ice skating in a Tu tu.....idgaf lets do iittttt
December 5, 201114 yr also, could you imagine us getting pujols AND wilson or buehrle. how crazy would that offseason be? then we trade gaby, dominguez, and nolasco for a starter. Ah, Just sign em all
December 5, 201114 yr This is all so surreal right now. I've been a fan since '05 and all I can think about is "man i cant wait until the new stadium is ready" and how it was fun to day dream about offseasons like this. It's truly a lot to take in, and yet Im still more concerned over Hanley's thoughts of transitioning to 3b :/
December 5, 201114 yr MLB Network: "From a position player standpoint, the roster is already loaded without Pujols." Talking about the Marlins.
December 5, 201114 yr I'm starting to wonder if Pujols falls through, will they focus on Prince? I think they would just focus on Wilson/Buehrle. If Pujols wasn't a FA, I still don't think that they would pursue Fielder.
December 5, 201114 yr Come on Pujols! You in or not? St Louis... can you match this or not? I want answers!!!
December 5, 201114 yr I'd rather get 2 SP's than Pujols. The upgrade from Volstad and Javy to Buehrle and someone decent figures to be a better use of money than an upgrade from Gaby to Pujols. We could sign Buehrle and Wilson and take less risk than signing Pujols for 9 years, and our team would probably be much better off. It would essentially make us a complete team.
December 5, 201114 yr It sounds like they have enough money to sign Pujols + Buehrle/Wilson. And then they will trade for another starter. I'm down with that.
December 5, 201114 yr we should sign buehrle or wilson and trade ricky then re-sign javy getting rid of ricky clears 9 million this year. hes worth 5 at most.
December 5, 201114 yr we should sign buehrle or wilson and trade ricky then re-sign javy Why not just keep Nolasco instead and quit dreaming about the Javy Vazquez deal that is not happening? Javy has like another year, if that, of wanting to pitch in the big leagues, anyway. Nolasco had two games last year where he allowed 20 ER in about 4 innings. Take away two games, and he was fine. We shouldn't salary dump him (which is basically what his trade value is right now), especially since we need pitching, anyway.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.