Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pujols to Angels

Featured Replies

#Marlins plan to meet with Albert Pujols agent, Dan Lozano, Monday or Tuesday in Dallas

 

-Jerry Crasnick

I know it would be sexy and LeBron-esque for Miami to sign Pujols to a big deal, but I feel like the Marlins' top priority after Reyes should be aggressively pursuing pitching.

 

 

I agree.

I know it would be sexy and LeBron-esque for Miami to sign Pujols to a big deal, but I feel like the Marlins' top priority after Reyes should be aggressively pursuing pitching.

 

 

I think they'll land either Buehrle or Wilson.

Danny Knobler of CBSsports.com hears that the Cubs will try to sign Albert Pujols to a shorter contract with higher annual salaries.

 

It's not a bad strategy. Pujols reportedly has a nine-year offer worth around $200 million from the Cardinals, which would be the third-largest contract in baseball history, but the $22 million average annual value would tie with Adrian Gonzalez for 12th in baseball. In addition to the Cubs, St. Louis will have competition from the Marlins. According to ESPN.com, Miami is expected "to make an aggressive run at Pujols over the next two days."

 

Those bastards! Ok, pay the man whatever he wants. We'll forget all about the $$$ after the first two world series titles!

If they sign Pujols to a monster contract, they may as well sign Buehrle.. i mean come on right?

 

If you're going all in, may as well shove the balls in there too.

I wonder if Old Timer is satisfied.

#Marlins plan to meet with Albert Pujols agent, Dan Lozano, Monday or Tuesday in Dallas

 

-Jerry Crasnick

I think that with the Reyes signing, if the Marlins can get close to the Cardinals' offer (bearing in mind income taxes), Pujols could sign.

 

Having Reyes on the team has got to be an incentive for Albert.

I think Loria/Samson are just trolling with the Albert stuff..I mean if we really sign Albert? Wow.

Pujols is LeBron.

Reyes is Wade.

Bell is Bosh.

 

The party will be at the stadium.

 

Pujols will be saying "theese going to be easy...not one, not two, not three," etc.

Reyes will be saying "tigere" and nodding his head.

Bell will be pissed at the lack of attention, take his shirt off, and slide toward the pitcher's mound in All-Star Game fashion.

Pujols is LeBron.

Reyes is Wade.

Bell is Bosh.

 

The party will be at the stadium.

 

Pujols will be saying "theese going to be easy...not one, not two, not three," etc.

Reyes will be saying "tigere" and nodding his head.

Bell will be pissed at the lack of attention, take his shirt off, and slide toward the pitcher's mound in All-Star Game fashion.

 

 

What about Buehrle/Wilson and Gio Gonzalez?

 

We're one upping the Heat. Or two upping.

If they sign Pujols to a monster contract, they may as well sign Buehrle.. i mean come on right?

 

If you're going all in, may as well shove the balls in there too.

 

 

I've said that for years!

Hanley is Wade

Reyes is Bosh

 

 

And then Stanton becomes better than all of them.

Hanley is Wade

Reyes is Bosh

 

(and therefore Pujols must be the missing LeBron)

 

 

 

 

The resemblance is uncanny.

 

Now quickly, somebody get us Reyes dreads v. Bosh dreads.

Hanley is Wade

Reyes is Bosh

 

(and therefore Pujols must be the missing LeBron)

 

 

 

 

The resemblance is uncanny.

 

Now quickly, somebody get us Reyes dreads v. Bosh dreads.

If we land Pujols I wouldn't be surprised to see a LoMo and Gaby for Gio and other pieces trade shortly after.

 

Gut feeling.

 

 

Agreed though I don't think we lose both LoMo and Gaby, just one... likely Gaby.

If we don't sign Pujols, this whole offseason was just a ruse. Same old Marlins, being cheap again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.