November 18, 201114 yr I don't really see anyone taking any rumors as gospel. I think the opposite is the case, actually, because there's been so much conflicting information.
November 18, 201114 yr I kinda feel it was more like 9/170 or 9/180 and sources are overblowing the whole "way under 200" thing. But that's just a gut feeling. Even with the new stadium, I'm skeptical that the Marlins have over $150 to spend on one player, especially on one who is going to hit the wall before year nine.
November 18, 201114 yr I kinda feel it was more like 9/170 or 9/180 and sources are overblowing the whole "way under 200" thing. But that's just a gut feeling. Even with the new stadium, I'm skeptical that the Marlins have over $150 to spend on one player, especially on one who is going to hit the wall before year nine. As commented in another thread, even if they have more than 150, should they spend it on a player who is going to hit a wall before year 9.
November 18, 201114 yr I kinda feel it was more like 9/170 or 9/180 and sources are overblowing the whole "way under 200" thing. But that's just a gut feeling. Even with the new stadium, I'm skeptical that the Marlins have over $150 to spend on one player, especially on one who is going to hit the wall before year nine. As commented in another thread, even if they have more than 150, should they spend it on a player who is going to hit a wall before year 9. If that player is Albert Pujols, yes. Pujols would put a lot of people in the seats and bring a ton of excitement to the Marlins. He would make Miami a desirable destination for other FAs who would now see coming to South Beach into a brand new retractable roof stadium, with fans in the seats and no income tax and a winning franchise. It would be a great investment for the future to create a winning brand.
November 18, 201114 yr Pujols would do a lot for the franchise in terms of revenue and image, but you can't say that justifies spending $200 million+ on him. In other words, you cannot assume that Pujols will pay for himself. Look what happened with A-Rod in Texas.
November 18, 201114 yr Earlier I thought Pujols could end up being a Cub.. but I really cant see Theo's first move as Cubs GM to give a 250 million dollar contract to a 32 year old. I also doubt the Fish insulted his intelligence by offering less than 20 mil per year.. so I agree with Mystikol that it was probably something like 9/180.
November 19, 201114 yr I kinda feel it was more like 9/170 or 9/180 and sources are overblowing the whole "way under 200" thing. But that's just a gut feeling. Even with the new stadium, I'm skeptical that the Marlins have over $150 to spend on one player, especially on one who is going to hit the wall before year nine. As commented in another thread, even if they have more than 150, should they spend it on a player who is going to hit a wall before year 9. If that player is Albert Pujols, yes. Pujols would put a lot of people in the seats and bring a ton of excitement to the Marlins. He would make Miami a desirable destination for other FAs who would now see coming to South Beach into a brand new retractable roof stadium, with fans in the seats and no income tax and a winning franchise. It would be a great investment for the future to create a winning brand. I don't think it would do these FAs much good to come down to South Beach when the stadium is in Little Havana. (I'm joking of course)
November 21, 201114 yr SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman Dan lebatard writes in miami herald, marlins believe pujols is older than 31. me: wonder if they asked him that question (doubt it)
November 21, 201114 yr if he was someone i saw walking around on the street I'd guess he was about 34 from looking at him but of course some people age better than others and it isn't a reliable way of determining age. that said, i have a very hard time believing he's 31.
November 21, 201114 yr if he was someone i saw walking around on the street I'd guess he was about 34 from looking at him but of course some people age better than others and it isn't a reliable way of determining age. that said, i have a very hard time believing he's 31. Yeah, ditto. Maybe it's the hair? Either way I want to find out if he pulled a Miguel Tejada.
November 21, 201114 yr I think a couple of scouts who watched him play high school ball remarked that his body looked much more developed in comparison to everyone else in his age group.
November 22, 201114 yr I think a couple of scouts who watched him play high school ball remarked that his body looked much more developed in comparison to everyone else in his age group. Bigger D?
November 22, 201114 yr I kinda feel it was more like 9/170 or 9/180 and sources are overblowing the whole "way under 200" thing. But that's just a gut feeling. Even with the new stadium, I'm skeptical that the Marlins have over $150 to spend on one player, especially on one who is going to hit the wall before year nine. As commented in another thread, even if they have more than 150, should they spend it on a player who is going to hit a wall before year 9. If that player is Albert Pujols, yes. Pujols would put a lot of people in the seats and bring a ton of excitement to the Marlins. He would make Miami a desirable destination for other FAs who would now see coming to South Beach into a brand new retractable roof stadium, with fans in the seats and no income tax and a winning franchise. It would be a great investment for the future to create a winning brand. I wish people would stop saying this "coming to South Beach" crap !!!!! 1st off South Beach and where the new stadium are, is like two separate worlds. If you were in one place and then transported (like in Star Trek) to the other spot, you'd feel like Star Trek and think you are on a different planet. 2nd, its not like most of the athletes will live on South Beach - most of if not almost ALL of the professional athletes in South Florida live in Broward County. Is that going to change with the Marlins ? Perhaps, and if it does, it would, to me be more reasonable to live in Coral Gables, the Grove or Brickell area, heck maybe even in the Roads, than to live in congested South Beach.
November 22, 201114 yr I wouldn't be shocked if we found out he's two years older. And very disappointing to a lot of people. Albert Pujols has put a lot of effort into his image as a "Good Christian" man. If we find out he's a liar about that, then his whole "goody-goody" image takes a big hit.
November 22, 201114 yr Unfortunately Pujols never participated in Second Mile so we'll never know. TOO SOON
November 22, 201114 yr Unfortunately Pujols never participated in Second Mile so we'll never know. I miss the best posts in the middle of the night. I feel bad for laughing, though.
November 26, 201114 yr not sure if anyone's read this but LoMo tweeted out "Breaking News: Talked to my boy Pujols, he said he wont be playing with the Birds anymore..." so looks like Pujols is definitely coming to miami ! lol
November 26, 201114 yr Followed by this tweet: LoMoMarlins Logan Morrison Should've been more clear, my buddy Renee Pujols' landlord is making him get rid of his beloved pet cockatoos.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.