Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pujols to Angels

Featured Replies

Gaby + what would equal Matt Garza?

 

 

Well, I'd love to use this opportunity to get rid of Volstad, but Theo certainly isn't dumb enough to accept Volstad as part of the package, so we can't dump him in Chicago.

I can just see it now

 

Pujols Hanley Reyes Stanton Lebron Wade Bosh all partying together down in South Beach laughing at the world while ric bucher and colin cowheard standing outside hating lol

I can just see it now

 

Pujols Hanley Reyes Stanton Lebron Wade Bosh all partying together down in South Beach laughing at the world while ric bucher and colin cowheard standing outside hating lol

 

 

Did you hear Cowheard yesterday? He was ripping apart the Reyes signing.

I can just see it now

 

Pujols Hanley Reyes Stanton Lebron Wade Bosh all partying together down in South Beach laughing at the world while ric bucher and colin cowheard standing outside hating lol

 

 

Did you hear Cowheard yesterday? He was ripping apart the Reyes signing.

 

Who gives a sh!t what that tool thinks about anything? His opinions are worthless, like his career.

  • Author

Olney says we should figure out more over the next 48 hours. David V is probably an idiot. I'm going to try to get a little work done, as hard as it may be.

If they do this, and only acquire 1 SP I'm going to be angry.

 

 

If they do this and acquire no SP, I'll be angry.

If they do this, and only acquire 1 SP I'm going to be angry.

 

 

If they do this and acquire no SP, I'll be angry.

 

Yeah, I alluded to this yesterday but used the term "super pissed."

If they do this, and only acquire 1 SP I'm going to be angry.

 

 

ONLY 1 SP?

 

Heath Bell + Jose Reyes + Albert Pujols + Mark Buerhle = ANGRY

 

?

 

even if they don't get Pujols and they're able to get a Buehrle or Wilson, I'm pretty much wetting my pants.

 

actually I already wet my pants from Reyes so we're past that...

If they do this, and only acquire 1 SP I'm going to be angry.

 

 

ONLY 1 SP?

 

Heath Bell + Jose Reyes + Albert Pujols + Mark Buerhle = ANGRY

 

?

 

even if they don't get Pujols and they're able to get a Buehrle or Wilson, I'm pretty much wetting my pants.

 

actually I already wet my pants from Reyes so we're past that...

 

We'd still have to trot out a Volstad or a Brad Hand every 5th day. Sure, Pujols gives us a dominant 1B but the fact that Gaby can hold the position at a 3 WAR level coupled with the length of this contract, Pujols' age and Pujols' rumored age, this is terrible. This team is essentially a complete team if we signed 2 good SP's. (minus the question mark in CF, but something between Coghlan and Bonifacio should stick)

Ken Rosenthal :

Pujols wants protection for first five years, then 10/5 rights would kick in. #STLCards expected to talk again with Pujols camp today. #MLB

 

 

*protection = no-trade clause.

Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

 

 

 

 

Friends of Loria with other teams say that he has always followed NYY and has wanted to emulate George Steinbrenner. He's making progress.

 

Should we start calling him The Boss?

The anticipation is killing me.

 

If Loria wants to emulate Steinbrenner, and they pull this off, I'll call him what ever he wants.

I'm so conflicted! I honestly believe we would be a better team spending Pujol's money on starting pitching and centerfield. I think Gaby is a quality player, in fact, he may be my favorite Marlin (especially considering his forearm-to-face talents). However, having the best player of my generation play and retire with my favorite team...gosh, that's hard not to root for.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.