Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pujols to Angels

Featured Replies

Hearing marlins won't do 2 more big free agents. If they get pujols they'll be out on wilson/buehrle and trade for SP instead

 

 

 

-Heyman

 

What would people prefer?

Pujols

 

Trade Gaby/Dominguez/Prospects for hopefully a decent SP and then sign a vet like Erik Bedard to a one year deal to fill out the rotation. With that offense and bullpen, Fish will win a lot of games

One minute i'm optimistic that this could happen, the next minute I'm not. I can't take this anymore!

Ozzie on Hanley (Lebetard). It was discussed with Hanley and he was OK with moving to 3rd. That this is Hanleys team, not pujols, not reyes.

Hearing marlins won't do 2 more big free agents. If they get pujols they'll be out on wilson/buehrle and trade for SP instead

 

 

 

-Heyman

Not a fan of that at all. This makes the Bell signing sound like a big mistake to me.

Well, Heyman said they'd still be going for a trade to get an SP, so that can still happen. Probably be better financially, as well, depending on who we acquire.

Starting pitching was the priority for the offseason. If they end up with just one new starter to basically replace Javy Vazquez (even if it is Gio Gonzalez), they dropped the ball.

 

My point is basically that the Marlins could have basically let someone like Mujica work the ninth and spend Bell's money on Buehrle (plus a little more). That would be a much better team for basically the same price.

 

If the Marlins can land two decent starters (if they trade Nolasco, they'll need to land three) by way of trade, then it's not so bad.

One minute i'm optimistic that this could happen, the next minute I'm not. I can't take this anymore!

 

 

That's how I felt with the LeBron decision when he went to the Heat. Hopefully we get a similar result.

Ozzie on Hanley (Lebetard). It was discussed with Hanley and he was OK. That this is Hanleys team, not pujols, not reyes.

 

 

I can see Ozzie convincing Reyes and (hopefully) Pujols to consistently insist to hanley that he's the man. Constantly walking up to him and thanking him for being their fearless leader, exaggerated stuff like that to make Hanley happy.

 

Reyes' press conference speech tomorrow starts with "Thank you, I'm very happy to be on the Hanley Marlins..."

Bell filled a huge gap of ours. I'm totally not liking $9 million on a closer, but you've gotta imagine that if you're gonna do it, at least do it right and go get Heath Bell. One of the best guys at what he does, eh?

 

I don't see how that was a "huge gap" at all. The bullpen was the team's strongest aspect. It's not hard to groom someone to work the ninth. They have plenty of depth in the pen.

 

The huge gap was the rotation.

Ozzie on Hanley (Lebetard). It was discussed with Hanley and he was OK. That this is Hanleys team, not pujols, not reyes.

 

 

I can see Ozzie convincing Reyes and (hopefully) Pujols to consistently insist to hanley that he's the man. Constantly walking up to him and thanking him for being their fearless leader, exaggerated stuff like that to make Hanley happy.

 

Reyes' press conference speech tomorrow starts with "Thank you, I'm very happy to be on the Hanley Marlins..."

hehe... the Hanley Marlins.

Bell filled a huge gap of ours. I'm totally not liking $9 million on a closer, but you've gotta imagine that if you're gonna do it, at least do it right and go get Heath Bell. One of the best guys at what he does, eh?

 

I don't see how that was a "huge gap" at all. The bullpen was the team's strongest aspect. It's not hard to groom someone to work the ninth. They have plenty of depth in the pen.

 

The huge gap was the rotation.

 

Didn't Bell begin his career as a starter? move him to the rotation!

I am getting off the coaster for now to work on some homework and then go to my gf's soccer game. Maybe when I return I will hear an announcement one way or the other.

We don't need a first baseman. We have a first baseman.

 

We, on the other hand, do not have a #2 starter, and could use an upgrade on #5.

I am getting off the coaster for now to work on some homework and then go to my gf's soccer game. Maybe when I return I will hear an announcement one way or the other.

 

... why would you go to watch your woman kick balls?

Bell filled a huge gap of ours. I'm totally not liking $9 million on a closer, but you've gotta imagine that if you're gonna do it, at least do it right and go get Heath Bell. One of the best guys at what he does, eh?

 

I don't see how that was a "huge gap" at all. The bullpen was the team's strongest aspect. It's not hard to groom someone to work the ninth. They have plenty of depth in the pen.

 

The huge gap was the rotation.

 

If the Bell signing stops us from signing someone like Buehrle or Wilson then maybe it was a bad idea.

 

However, the Bell signing had significance also in the sense that it got us kicked off with the big signings and may have helped us reel in Reyes and works as an attempt to lure Pujols.

We don't need a first baseman. We have a first baseman.

 

We, on the other hand, do not have a #2 starter, and could use an upgrade on #5.

 

 

This.

Ozzie on Hanley (Lebetard). It was discussed with Hanley and he was OK with moving to 3rd. That this is Hanleys Wade's team, not pujols, not reyes.

 

 

OOps...wrong sport

Honestly, i would like to see Buerhle more than Pujols. If you want a big power 1st baseman shouldve gone for Fielder who is younger.

We don't need a first baseman. We have a first baseman.

 

We, on the other hand, do not have a #2 starter, and could use an upgrade on #5.

 

 

agree but its hard not to get excited for albert pujols if they sign him

Bell filled a huge gap of ours. I'm totally not liking $9 million on a closer, but you've gotta imagine that if you're gonna do it, at least do it right and go get Heath Bell. One of the best guys at what he does, eh?

 

I don't see how that was a "huge gap" at all. The bullpen was the team's strongest aspect. It's not hard to groom someone to work the ninth. They have plenty of depth in the pen.

 

The huge gap was the rotation.

 

If the Bell signing stops us from signing someone like Buehrle or Wilson then maybe it was a bad idea.

 

However, the Bell signing had significance also in the sense that it got us kicked off with the big signings and may have helped us reel in Reyes and works as an attempt to lure Pujols.

I've plainly acknowledged that the Bell signing might have had some redeeming qualities (intangible ones).

 

If the money owed to Bell prevents them from signing one of the top tier starting pitchers, then it was a huge f***ing mistake. Those negative consequences outweigh the good.

We don't need a first baseman. We have a first baseman.

 

We, on the other hand, do not have a #2 starter, and could use an upgrade on #5.

 

 

I agree, but I'd be lying if I said Pujols doesn't get me real excited for next season.

Bell filled a huge gap of ours. I'm totally not liking $9 million on a closer, but you've gotta imagine that if you're gonna do it, at least do it right and go get Heath Bell. One of the best guys at what he does, eh?

 

I don't see how that was a "huge gap" at all. The bullpen was the team's strongest aspect. It's not hard to groom someone to work the ninth. They have plenty of depth in the pen.

 

The huge gap was the rotation.

 

The biggest gap is the rotation, yes. However there were clear gaps for a closer, 3B, and CF. Those have all been filled now. The addition of Pujols also means we'd be getting another starter with the dump off of Gaby.

 

I agree with you though, Bell is somewhat of a blocker. But my point being that at least he wasn't an utter waste. Other than shades of Leo Nunez and Clay Hensley, this team has had a hard time finding a go-to guy for the 9th inning.

Albert Pujols will help sell tickets and get Miami excited.

 

Mark Buerhle will not.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.