Miami top bidder for Pujols and Wilson. . .

Blustar

In hindsight, I think we dodged a bullet with these near misses, talk about burying the organization in 5 years. Wilson is not that good, and Pujols is great but he has probably 4 good years left. The Angels are insane but we were actually more insane. lol

I think knowing this we will really see Miami push hard for Cespedes, Miami is the only team crazy enough to pony up the money.

Does anyone know when the Cespedes thing will heat up, that will be our next mega thread.

Nah, he has money. He wanted to make sure he did not get traded when he was 37-38 to Kansas City.

Pretty sure his 10-5 rights would negate that possibility.. could be mistaken though.

You are correct. Thats why I'm saying he probably would have taken his chances of being traded within five years if it meant 275 million dollars.

Nah, he has money. He wanted to make sure he did not get traded when he was 37-38 to Kansas City.

Pretty sure his 10-5 rights would negate that possibility.. could be mistaken though.

You're right.

I don't think this report is factual. No way he rejects that kind of money. It would've made him the highest paid player in the history of the game.

At least with C.J. Wilson, he gave a hometown discount so it's understandable.

when i saw he signed with the angels i did a series of impressive mental cartwheels in rejoicement that we didn't waste that much money. I'm still baffled as to why so many of you wanted him here with that monstrous price tag. Gaby is a far cry from Albert but he's still better than a lot of other 1B's. why upgrade a position that's already not weak and ignore the glaring areas (rotation anyone? - even with Marky Mark it's still not the greatest)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.