Ozzie suspended 5 games

Admin

If ozzie is forced to resign, I'm going to pickett--- Trayvon Martin style.

They shouldn't have allowed all the ignorance bleed from the school system into the streets in that mess. America is too sensitive.

A student from Krop was asked why she was marching.Her Response to WSVN 7?

"It feels like my brother was shot, cuz he(s) the same skin color as me".

I feel this is going the same way.

What do the marlinsbaseball.com Cubans feel about his comments?

He's right, You have to admire how long he's survived when everyone wants him dead.

My dad said it best--- When Fidel Ruled, no one dared to cross him. His brothers soft- Raul lets them protest and pickett.

Fidel would have killed them all, and all of them would have tried to kill him in return.

Fidel survived.

My father was a political prisoner, I have never been to cuba because of his exile.

And neither of us care. Cubans come here talking of liberty, and yet when something comes up that they don't agree with, they immediately want to suppress it.

Personally I believe and hope that the stadium will continue to fill and this will be forgotten, and I believe it is only a small group of activists that are making this bigger than what it has to be.

My father was a political prisoner, I have never been to cuba because of his exile.

And neither of us care. Cubans come here talking of liberty, and yet when something comes up that they don't agree with, they immediately want to suppress it.

Personally I believe and hope that the stadium will continue to fill and this will be forgotten, and I believe it is only a small group of activists that are making this bigger than what it has to be.

Small group of activist and sports writers and one Miami dade guy that probably hates the marlins anyway.

I think this is becoming a bigger deal than people originally expected it to be.

Earlier today I said it would be, and the "head in the sand" people tried to just excuse it away

If you live in Miami, and of course those that don't shouldn't speak on this, but those of us who have lived here all of our lives know there are topics you just don't go too, and speaking of Fidel in a positive light, even as a joke, is something you should not do.

It can get you killed.

And that is no joke.

Someone needs to tell Ozzie to shut his pie hole and keep it shut. If people don't accept apology #1, then apologies #2, #3, #4, #5 ... aren't going to sway them. The best thing that he can do is stfu and try to ride it out.

Well, first apology was through an interview. This next apology will be public, POSSIBLY televised. May have a much better effect.

Yeah, he wants him suspended even though he (Rosenthal) doesn't know exactly what Ozzie was trying to say. Makes a ton of sense.

Look you just don't ever, EVER go there in Miami. Fidel is a taboo subject.

I suspect the Marlins management will have a nice company e-mail or letter sent to every employee stressing about you never EVER say anything about Castro. Just a big "no comment".

I think this is becoming a bigger deal than people originally expected it to be.

Earlier today I said it would be, and the "head in the sand" people tried to just excuse it away

If you live in Miami, and of course those that don't shouldn't speak on this, but those of us who have lived here all of our lives know there are topics you just don't go too, and speaking of Fidel in a positive light, even as a joke, is something you should not do.

It can get you killed.

And that is no joke.

Old timer, bro, I don't give you a hard time but the whole " you have to live in miami or else you can comment" thing has run its course. This is the second time you have used it in an argument and I don't agree at all that you have to live in the area to be able to comment. You may better understand the situation but it doesn't change anything else really.

National media starting to pick up on it a bit. Ken Rosenthal had an article today saying the Marlins should suspend Ozzie.

http://msn.foxsports...comments-040912

That's stupid. What Ozzie said has nothing to do with the team/organization. No reason to suspend.

People can be such drama queens. Whenever they are remotely offended, they cry to authority figures to intervene to suspend or reprimand. It's so childish.

Someone needs to tell Ozzie to shut his pie hole and keep it shut. If people don't accept apology #1, then apologies #2, #3, #4, #5 ... aren't going to sway them. The best thing that he can do is stfu and try to ride it out.

Tomorrow is going to be VERY interesting. Someone might try to take him out tomorrow.

Again that is no joke. People who don't live here have no idea how sensitive this subject is in Miami.

This has nothing to do with liberty. The same right that Ozzie has to speak his mind, others have to protest, call for his firing, and organize boycotts. You have freedom of speech, not freedom from reprocussions.

Well, first apology was through an interview. This next apology will be public, POSSIBLY televised. May have a much better effect.

It doesn't matter. Shut up, lay low, and wait for another event or scandal to shift the focus ... and then keep laying low.

Tomorrow is going to be VERY interesting. Someone might try to take him out tomorrow.

Again that is no joke. People who don't live here have no idea how sensitive this subject is in Miami.

If Ozzie gets killed tommorow then the media will still blame Loria for getting rid of the manager.

It can get you killed.

And that is no joke.

That hasn't been true for a long, long time. These days a segment of the community just makes a lot of noise.

If you have heard some of the rhetoric I have on local Spanish radio today, you'd think otherwise. Some of these folks think Ozzie is a card carrying Communist, and think he is Chavez best friend. Yes they are the extremists but they are more than just nuts on the radio, some of those folks take action.

It can get you killed.

And that is no joke.

I see that you haven't stopped your whole "if you don't live here, you can't have an opinion" mantra. That's ridiculous. People can live in Miami for their whole lives and not have enough common sense to grasp the pulse of a given situation.

The only danger facing Ozzie is the threat of being lectured on the evils of the Castro regime and communism.

It can get you killed.

And that is no joke.

That hasn't been true for a long, long time. These days a segment of the community just makes a lot of noise.

If you have heard some of the rhetoric I have on local Spanish radio today, you'd think otherwise. Some of these folks think Ozzie is a card carrying Communist, and think he is Chavez best friend. Yes they are the extremists but they are more than just nuts on the radio, some of those folks take action.

Those aren't the extremists ... those are the loudmouths, and you can find them in any city.

This situation somewhat reminds me of the John Rocker situation. Granted, his inflammatory remarks were in regard to another fan base and not a political comment but I think this situation is getting blown way out of proportion and a lot of people are losing the context of what Ozzie said and who the man himself is. John Rocker was a red neck who hated everyone that wasn't exactly like him. Ozzie isn't that at all.

As was said, Fidel is like a cockroach in more ways than one but Ozzie admires that he hasn't died yet and I say so what? He is a baseball manager and not someone of any geo political concern. But I will say that anyone who listened to Ozzie speak at length, knows that he is anything but dumb but smart people do dumb things and to raise the name of Castro in Miami and not have it be an insult isn't the brightest of moves.

Tomorrow's apology should suffice and the good people of Miami that are of Cuban ancestory should accept it and move on with their lives as the Marlins look to be a fun team to watch this year in a stadium that guarantees baseball everyday