Gaby Optioned

I wanted gaby traded all off season. It didn't take me long to realize last year that his approach and swing just won't bring long term success in the majors.

I mean even when he gets a hit he looks bad.

Maybe in AAA, they'll change his swing and he'll come back, hit .380 the rest of the way with 24 homers and 99 RBI.

I wanted gaby traded all off season. It didn't take me long to realize last year that his approach and swing just won't bring long term success in the majors.

I mean even when he gets a hit he looks bad.

Maybe in AAA, they'll change his swing and he'll come back, hit .380 the rest of the way with 24 homers and 99 RBI.

Sounds good to me.

Time to groom LoMo as the 1st baseman of the future.

Need some help in the outfield though. With Bonifacio probably on the DL soon, that CF/LF combo is going to be brutal offensively (and defensively if Coghlan starts).

This will be a good test for Gaby. He hasnt been sent down after a becoming a starter in 2010. it's not like some of the guys that have been up and down over and over. I'm sure he can make the adjustments he needs and come back and perform well.

This.....

And Andrenaline FTW!

This will be a good test for Gaby. He hasnt been sent down after a becoming a starter in 2010. it's not like some of the guys that have been up and down over and over. I'm sure he can make the adjustments he needs and come back and perform well.

I pull for all the guys to do well. But never having been a Gaby fan I can't say I'm putting all my heart into this one.

Leon Medical is probably pulling their hair out right now -- they scratched the Ozzie bobblehead giveaway on May 30th and replaced it with Gaby Sanchez t-shirts. Awesome timing!

Ouch. So I'm guessing they're gonna change it a second time?

Gaby is most definitely gonna be called up again, but it'll seem extremely weird to have a t-shirt giveaway day when the player on the t-shirt is currently in the minors for hitting below .200

Byan Lehair anyone? Dude is mashing right handed pitching and he can play 1B or LF. Platoon him with Gaby at 1st? Seeing as Gaby has historically hit better against lefties. Or just put him in left and keep LoMo at 1st, that gives us two quality lefties in a lineup that lacks left handed power. He is cheap and not arbitration elgible until 2015 so even if he doesn't continue to hit this well he can always be a quality left handed bat off the bench and spot starter. I don't know what the Cubs would want for him seeing as he is a 29 year old "prospect," but they are going to promote Rizzo at some point this year and I'm guessing it's sooner rather then later.