Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Let's talk Ruggiano

Featured Replies

He's left field. We still don't have a center fielder (Bonifacio will be at 2B). Bourn/Cabrera/Upton are still in discussion even with Ruggiano starting.

  • Author

Who needs Bourn/melky/etc. next year is all I'm saying

 

 

Who did you think the three outfielders were for next season?

 

Ruggiano, Stanton, and who else?

 

Knowing our FO they'll convert a catcher or something

Pardon my ignorance, since I gave up watching most of the games in June, but what is the reason for Ruggiano's success. He's 30 and had zero success before in the majors. I just figured his high batting average was a fluke and that he would regress back to a sub 300 hitter. The boards seem to have faith in him, so what do you think are the prospects that his performance this year is legit and repeatable in future years?

Sometimes guys are not given a legitimate shot due to preconceptions about their game. If Uggla was not a Rule V draft by the Marlins he may have been even older before a legit chance. Some other team might have let him go back to Arizona after his sh*tty April.

I keep waiting for him to regress and stop hitting well, but he hasn't yet. Keep him in LF and put Lomo at 1B next year. Go for BJ Upton in the offseason for CF.

Carlos Lee wants to come back, we're going to keep LoMo out in left.

 

 

Not if you can get melky. Would love to have lee on the bench though which I doubt he would do.

I don't want a Jason Werth type signing. The money going to Melky will be insane, and he won't perform like he has been. No thanks!

I thought Ruggiano played some great defense in CF. He had one of the top defensive plays of the year in CF. He has good range. I think he's much better than experiments like Coghlan and he's better than Cody Ross. I say leave him in CF, unless you sign a guy like Upton who I'd prefer a million times over Lee, and play Ruggiano in LF, Upton in CF and LoMo at 1B.

 

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/19409794/gif-justin-ruggianos-amazing-catch

I thought Ruggiano played some great defense in CF. He had one of the top defensive plays of the year in CF. He has good range. I think he's much better than experiments like Coghlan and he's better than Cody Ross. I say leave him in CF, unless you sign a guy like Upton who I'd prefer a million times over Lee, and play Ruggiano in LF, Upton in CF and LoMo at 1B.

 

http://www.cbssports...s-amazing-catch

 

I'm not drinking the Upton kool-aid. The grass is always greener as they say. It's that same mentality that got the Marlins into the mess they are in now. They see other players from a distance on other teams and drool on them and then sign them to these fat contracts. You have to have a deeper thought proccess than that when you're building a major league baseball team. I'm just saying.

Players like Upton require a mentor - without veteran leadership, they veer off.

 

See Ramirez, H and Cabrera, M.

Players like Upton require a mentor - without veteran leadership, they veer off.

 

See Ramirez, H and Cabrera, M.

Yeah Cabrera f***ing sucks.

 

And the mentor argument is terrible IMO. You give kids a ton of money that grew up with a severe disadvantage and character flaws and they are going to do dumb sh*t at a high rate.

 

Hanley fell apart because Miguel wasn't a better big brother.

Pardon my ignorance, since I gave up watching most of the games in June, but what is the reason for Ruggiano's success. He's 30 and had zero success before in the majors. I just figured his high batting average was a fluke and that he would regress back to a sub 300 hitter. The boards seem to have faith in him, so what do you think are the prospects that his performance this year is legit and repeatable in future years?

 

I don't think that he's going to be a 1.000+ OPS hitter, but I think he's far from a fluke. His minor league numbers are pretty solid--he's hit at pretty much every level. He just never really got a shot to play in the majors.

 

I think he's capable of .800+ OPS offense and above average defense. In that respect, I'd say he's for real.

Players like Upton require a mentor - without veteran leadership, they veer off.

 

See Ramirez, H and Cabrera, M.

Yeah Cabrera f***ing sucks.

 

And the mentor argument is terrible IMO. You give kids a ton of money that grew up with a severe disadvantage and character flaws and they are going to do dumb sh*t at a high rate.

 

We need more Wes Helmses

Players like Upton require a mentor - without veteran leadership, they veer off.

 

See Ramirez, H and Cabrera, M.

Yeah Cabrera f***ing sucks.

 

And the mentor argument is terrible IMO. You give kids a ton of money that grew up with a severe disadvantage and character flaws and they are going to do dumb sh*t at a high rate.

 

We need more Wes Helmses

Wes Helms was such a positive mentor for Logan Morrison, right? :lol

Pardon my ignorance, since I gave up watching most of the games in June, but what is the reason for Ruggiano's success. He's 30 and had zero success before in the majors. I just figured his high batting average was a fluke and that he would regress back to a sub 300 hitter. The boards seem to have faith in him, so what do you think are the prospects that his performance this year is legit and repeatable in future years?

 

Some of the board didn't have faith said he was too much of a pull hitter, so much for that. *Knock on wood*

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.