Red Firing Pool

Except they would just hire somebody like Redmond, as they always have. So firing him won't help anything there.

​This. This organization isn't going to get a forward thinking manager. They will go with someone like-minded. So let's not think they will hire a manager with any analytical edge who does anything other than think conventionally.

Whoever replaces Redmond will basically be Redmond. We'll still see bunts, poor bullpen management, hilarious pinch hitting assignments, a refusal to use statistics, and a thorough misunderstanding of platoons and handedness splits. While a new manager may "light a fire" under the team, it won't make a difference in terms of in game management.

I do find it hilarious that you're going to replace the blandest manager with the craziest one that's still employed.

I guess we better start placing bets on how long it's going to take Loria to blow up this team if he's already considering something THAT drastic...

I just don't understand managers who are the laid back "players manager." You are there to win games and I just don't see how someone can fail to light a fire or get in players faces when they are not performing.

Obviously there are limits before you turn players off but as a manager, if I'm not seeing results, I am going to be fucking pissed. This whole laid back style bullshit makes no sense to me. You can still support your players and be a "players manager" while also making sure you get your hands dirty.

But as Redmond says "we just need to dig deep" or "get that big hit." Fuck off.

I just don't understand managers who are the laid back "players manager." You are there to win games and I just don't see how someone can fail to light a fire or get in players faces when they are not performing.

Obviously there are limits before you turn players off but as a manager, if I'm not seeing results, I am going to be fucking pissed. This whole laid back style bullshit makes no sense to me. You can still support your players and be a "players manager" while also making sure you get your hands dirty.

But as Redmond says "we just need to dig deep" or "get that big hit." Fuck off.

You can still be a success without being a hot head. My job is not the same of course but I worked for a hot headed batshit crazy fiery boss for like eight years and she got very little out of her employees. She was replaced by a cooler headed person who gets the most out of us every day now.

The point is, in any job, not every group of employees work best under the same type of boss. While the fiery manager seems the way to go when things are going rough you also have to remember that these are professional players who know they are underperforming. Not everyone of them need to be yelled at to perform better. Some may react negatively to the fiery manager.

To be honest, my biggest concern with replacing Redmond would be, even if they get someone who makes his decisions differently from him, what if the players just don't click with this new guy and that combined with resentment from Red's firing could even lead to the team performing worse over the long haul! Especially if they go with such a drastic change like Wally Backman! Hilarious as he seems on YouTube there's no way every player wants a manager like that.

I knew that firing manager is not a ultimate solution. If things would be desperate then I've agreed we have to push the panic button, as you seen before.

Our key source of the falling is pitching, simply. I just want Marlins coaching staff make it better thru Phillie series. Now Phillies' individual hitting stats are almost league lowest. That will be an easy chance to change the team