Frisaro's thoughts on the core

Admin

I love how Prado is part of the core.

Still don't understand why we traded a young quality arm who can throw up to 99 MPH in Eovaldi for a barely above replacement/average starting infielder who is in his thirties. 

Hindsight is 20/20 but I would've prefered the young/upside lineup of:

Gordon 2B, Yelich LF, Stanton RF, Bour/Morse 1B, Ozuna CF, Dietrich 3B, Realmuto C, Hechavarria SS  

With a rotation of Fernandez, Alvarez, Eovaldi, Haren, Latos/Koehler going into the season. 

Still don't understand why we traded a young quality arm who can throw up to 99 MPH in Eovaldi for a barely above replacement/average starting infielder who is in his thirties. 

Gordon 2B, Yelich LF, Stanton RF, Bour/Morse 1B, Ozuna CF, Dietrich 3B, Realmuto C, Hechavarria SS  

With a rotation of Fernandez, Alvarez, Eovaldi, Haren, Latos/Koehler going into the season. 

Eovaldi isn't very good. Doesn't strike guys out and has always had pretty shitty WHIPs. It was a good move at the time.

Meh...

Nathan Eovaldi: 3.62 FIP, 6.42 K/9

David Phelps: 4.00 FIP, 6.19 K/9

Neither of them are very good starting pitchers, although Eovaldi should be an excellent reliever one day.

Eovaldi, Heaney & Disco a combined 25-11 this yr,  yo!

If Dunn is a part of the core, it's not a core I'd ever want to take a bite of. He needs to go in a package for a SP or Ozuna replacement. 

I value Prado's glove at 3rd, he needs to OPS better than 670 and he can, however if he goes in a trade that brings back a 2/3 SP or a power hitting greater than 800 OPS OF or 1st base starter, than OK.  Dietrich belongs in the every day lineup certainly against righties, just not sure where to play him. Think I'd prefer him at 1st over Bour, who has disappointed lately with the glove.  Think Bour can also be a tradable commodity with his power.

Our young SP arms from N.O are a very unimpressive lot as feared.