Jacob Turner returns

Admin

Is this a major league deal? If it is, this is why we can't exactly predict the 2018 roster yet because I expect several more signings like this... stop gap guys signed to fill roster spots, eat innings, take at bats, and, best case scenario, become trade bait down the line. The Braves have done this quite a bit the last few seasons successfully. Could be wise here too. 

Yes, the braves have done this but not successfully.  Last 3 years have been 67,68 and 72 wins.  What it would do is just keep us looking like a low rung major league team instead of a minor league team masquerading as major league.  But this did result in bringing back Fredi.

Yes, the braves have done this but not successfully. 

I didn't mean success as in leading to more on-field wins. I meant in signing cheap veterans to fill gaps and then trading them for even a small return down the line. The Marlins probably would be wise to do this here and there as well.

edit: I may be wrong thinking it was the Braves doing this, off the top of my head I remembered them signing Bartolo Colon and RA Dickey as stop gaps but then I remembered neither of them were traded away. But in general there are many times when rebuilding teams sign stop gap guys to eventually trade them away)