Rojas and Dietrich avoid arby. Bour, Realmuto, Straily do not

Admin

MLBTR arbitration projections way off.

Realmuto requested $3.5, Marlins $2.9. (Projection was $4.2).

This looks like a slam fucking dunk for Realmuto to me. Two 3.5 WAR seasons? Good luck Marlins.

Sign the dude for 5. 

Doesn't seem like smart business to lowball the guy.

Jeter is planning on letting JT dip his hands in that vat of sanitizer near his desk anytime he wants for only as an added bonus (clearly because Jeter will be leading a lonely life in that room as everyone on the team will hate him and he believes this will bring him some company on the odd occasion)

yeah, on a serious tip though, that's just flat out RUDE to offer that shit.  I don't know what crack pipe he picked up but that's a massive lowball offer to someone who is incredibly valuable to the team as a player or trade piece. I don't think Loria would have been that cheap - as much as it pains me to say that.

Holy shit marlins pay these guys. These are going to be 3 of your top 5 WAR leaders next year lol.

Per source, Dan Straily filed asking for $3.55 M. Marlins offered $3.37 M. Headed for arbitration. Others headed for arbitration: Realmuto: $3.5 M and $2.9 M... Bour: $3.4 M and $3 M.

They are going to arbitration over .18 M with Straily  thats fucking stupid.

Though not nearly as stupid as the 2.9 offer to JT.  Though JT's agent must fucking suck to only ask for 3.5 mil.  Should have asked for closer to 4.  

Though not nearly as stupid as the 2.9 offer to JT.  Though JT's agent must fucking suck to only ask for 3.5 mil.  Should have asked for closer to 4.  

I thought the projections were around 4 - 4.5 for JT. The 3.5 million and they still low balled him.

That is definitely stupid with Straily. However, I suspect they don't expect him on the 2018 team at all so he may get shipped before they have to deal with this.

Catcher's don't accrue as many counting stats as other players so there are probably low-end statistical comps for $2.9, however, that is still a perplexing number because JT's overall production is the kind of guy who pushes boundaries. I mean he is rather unarguably top 5 at his position for 2 years. I think they will lose this one. Even just looking at those numbers psychologically, how do you ever win an arbitration case at $2.9? Just go to 3. Make it a normal number. Hopefully they just expect to sign him longterm here.

I think they'll win on Bour though. He's missed a lot of games.