4-11-2018 Post Game

DTrain

This entire series was demoralizing. Either fight from behind or up to begin the 8th and the supposed strongest part of your team, the bullpen, shits the bed all 3 games.

This will be a longgggg season unless something clicks for everyone not named Dietrich or Anderson, and Realmuto / Straily get back ASAP.

Im not expecting a winning season, but for god sakes give me something to look forward to if you want me to tune in every night.  You’re going to lose over 100 games at this rate Don. Leave Jarlin in until the Mets show signs of catching up to him. Give me reason to watch other than an 89mph lefty facing Michael Conforto, which we all know what the outcomes gonna be.

We certainly do need Straily, Realmuto, Riddle, Cooper and Prado back ASAP. Really demoralizing that we had two games right there for the taking and we let the Mets step on us. 

So now that’s two extra inning losses and three blown saves in 12 games. 

The team is battling but they are fucking up when it really counts. 

Prado is another one that once he returns will elevate our floor slightly.  He makes enough contact that if we can maybe slot him into left field, move Dietrich to right and Maybin to center, that allows us to send the strikeout machine to New Orleans and the lineup becomes a little less inept.  Think about how many games we hit Brinson leadoff and just how poorly those at bats have been.  He looked lost yesterday.  I felt sorry for him.  He’s very talented and I still have really high hopes for him, but he needs to work through this and relax some.  If the guy could just get on base maybe Mattingly can let him run the bases and try to make him get that feeling like he’s contributing.  He made some really nice plays in center during the first homestand but this series he hasn’t had those opportunities

Where does Prado play? 

Great question.  Left field is the best option in my opinion.  I’d rather not move Anderson around.  He did flub some plays in the field the other day but I’d rather leave him at third and settle in there than move him around just to accommodate a guy that won’t be here once his contract ends.

Great question.  Left field is the best option in my opinion.  I’d rather not move Anderson around.  He did flub some plays in the field the other day but I’d rather leave him at third and settle in there than move him around just to accommodate a guy that won’t be here once his contract ends.

While left field definitely seems like the best option Prado's recent health issues make that a big question mark. It might actually be what causes Anderson to switch positions at least for a while. 

While left field definitely seems like the best option Prado's recent health issues make that a big question mark. It might actually be what causes Anderson to switch positions at least for a while. 

I hear you.  It will be interesting to see how Mattingly handles it.