9/25 Post Game Thread - POST SEASON BOUND!

Michael

I'm happy for all of you. You are true fans. Not me. Jose's death kinda ruined it for me (I still tear up thinking about it) and some out-of-state witch who interviewed me at the stadium. I did work as event staff early last year around Monster Jam but then I caught what I guess evolved into covid. The supervisor there was also a dick belittling older employees so I had/have a shit view of the top

Edited by Watcha talkin bout Willis?

Just now, Watcha talkin bout Willis? said:

I'm happy for all of you. You are true fans. Not me. Jose's death kinda ruined it for me and some out-of-state witch who interviewed me at the stadium. I did work as event staff early last year around Monster Jam but then I caught what I guess evolved into covid. The supervisor there was also a dick belittling older employees so I had/have a shit view of the top

We will welcome you back.

❤️ 

• Like 3

Been lurking on this website (previously under a slightly different username) since 2003. Fan since the very beginning. During the season, I’m here reading posts and staying updated multiple times a day. No one I talk to on a daily basis cares about baseball, let alone the Marlins, so my Fish family is a pretty small circle consisting of my dad and the people here. 

To those of you who take the time to post news, insights, and reactions to this team we love so much, thank you. You’re a big part of my day and a huge reason why I’m so into the Marlins. 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

What do you guys think about this?

Samson can be brutally honest and humble at times.  I like hearing his view points because he has exposed some of the past internal problems.  

I'm a bit bothered how one can be in his position for so many years knowing that us as fans are getting cheated on.  He said he was doing his job, but it takes a stone cold corporate individual to do those things. 

Edited by jeffreysfishfry

57 minutes ago, Michael said:

Alright.

I'm not ashamed to share this with you guys. I've been on this site for 16 years and change. July 9, 2004. I grew up on this website (explains all the dick jokes).

I've gone through tragedies both personal and with you all with Jose.

I went through so many seasons of watching this teams with my parents. Strictly my mother from 2010 through 2014 cause my dad had to work further away and stayed with us when he could. But 95% of the time, it was just me and her. Me and her. Yelling for wins. Yelling at losses. Wondering when the next great team was going to be. Jose became our favorite, and how many of us say the same?

We lost her in July of 2015 at the age of 53. She battled a whole bunch of things for years and there was a chance she was on the upswing. But with everything going on with her and her life ... it ended up being too much. Her birthday was August 2nd, soon after her passing. Of course, as fate would have it. Jose pitched that game. We won on a Hech walk-off homer.

After those final outs tonight, I was thinking about so much. And finally after about 30 minutes, I got quiet, thought for a bit strictly about the games with her. Everything we went through together over the years, again both personal and with the Marlins.

I just broke down. I haven't stopped for about 30, 40 minutes, I don't know how long it's been.

I cannot tell you all what I would give to have her here with us watching this playoff run now. Even if it ends up being just two games.

I love all of you. The ones who have been here from the start to the new ones. The ones I've had all friendly discourse with, disagreements, even crazy arguments. All of you. We are all part of this Marlins family together. And thank you for being part of my life. ❤️ 

Juntos Miami.

Let's get it.

Thank you for sharing that with us bro. Your momma bear is cheering along with us and she’s decked out in all the postseason gear. Love you man! ♥️

• Like 4

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29973047/miami-marlins-makes-playoffs-years-105-loss-season

From all the fans who stuck around since '03 or joined later, the players from the taxi squad, all the acquisitions that stepped up and filled in during the Covid outbreak and all the regulars who grinded it out every day during a grueling short season and a September marathon (28 games in 24 days), this has truly been a special season and a group effort by everyone....

I am paraphrasing here when i say this:

"You live with this team.... and you die with this team!"

Win or lose from here on out, the Miami Marlins are just beginning....

Let's Shock The World again!!!!

Edited by CyggyMarlin
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

What do you guys think about this?

I’m going to be honest.

I’m very new here so I’m still not 100% sure what the banana reaction actually means. But I keep getting banana reactions for that post and I’m not sure if they are giving me the banana or giving it to David Samson’s tweet, and even what the banana means! 😂

• Banana 1