Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joe Frisaro Retiring

Featured Replies

Knowing Joe's ability to "break" news he probably actually retired in August, but that's alright.

Best of luck in retirement, Scoop.

 

 

 

  • Author
1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Hell of a run, I wonder who our new MLB reporter will be

Maybe I should submit my one article in the last six years and see if they'll let me do it.

 

In all honesty it may be Christina de Nicola. She's pretty good. Already covers just about any team that comes through Miami so why not?

6 minutes ago, Michael said:

Maybe I should submit my one article in the last six years and see if they'll let me do it.

 

In all honesty it may be Christina de Nicola. She's pretty good. Already covers just about any team that comes through Miami so why not?

She has my vote and I know Joe is a fan of her work so if he gets to give a recommendation, it is likely her.

21 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Hell of a run, I wonder who our new MLB reporter will be

@Admin 👀👀👀 

and by admin I mean Larry Walansky AKA he who shall not be named...

Edited by marlinsmaniac

  • Author
1 minute ago, SongInTheAir said:

Can I cover the Marlins for MLB.com please?

No.

MAYBE.

... probably not. Move back to Miami and maybe.

I’ve been reading Joe Frisaro since I starting reading the Marlin’s MLB website back in 2003..

And while I don’t read his articles as much as I did in past years, he was still a big part of my experience of being a Marlins fan, especially when I was still growing up. I’ll miss seeing his articles on Marlins.com.

 

Hopefully he’ll start a small blog or keep active on Twitter. I would definitely still read his work, from time to time.

 

Thanks for the years and the all the hard work, Joe. You may have not been everyone’s favorite beat writer over the years, but definitely one of the most consistent ones!

If you eventually decide to continue writing for another website/blog or on another platform, I’ll definitely stop by for a read!

19 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Marlins should finally get that $100 million payroll in honor of Joe.

I always think as a team's beat writer, he should know something that most journalists didn't know and that's why I choose to believe that $100 million payroll stuff. 

25 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I always think as a team's beat writer, he should know something that most journalists didn't know and that's why I choose to believe that $100 million payroll stuff. 

I think that was based off of the project wolverine projections but the whole covid shit ruined that

21 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

@Admin 👀👀👀 

and by admin I mean Larry Walansky AKA he who shall not be named...

What happened to him?

Say what you will about Joe but the few times I met him he was a really nice guy and even met up with me and a friend for a beer after a road game in Atlanta. All the best to him in retirement.

5 hours ago, mrchainsaw said:

Say what you will about Joe but the few times I met him he was a really nice guy and even met up with me and a friend for a beer after a road game in Atlanta. All the best to him in retirement.

I met him once. Seemed like good people.

On 12/11/2020 at 11:33 AM, Marlins Phenom said:

The million dollar question that no one on this site will answer. 

Iowa confused 

  • 3 weeks later...

Rumor has it Jumbo Joe Frisaro got a bonus for every Marlins fan he blocked on twitter.

He's finally been able to retire after adding the final block to his retirement nest egg.

On 12/11/2020 at 12:10 PM, Iowa said:

What happened to him?

He ran off into the vast unknown of the interwebs.....

 

But I choose to believe he had to divest himself of the website while chasing his career aspirations and took a step back afterwards. I see his byline from time to time. He's around, just not around here.

He's too good for us pond scum. He's a big fish now. He's Gary Sheffield, and were all just John Koronka, Russ Morman, Ron Mahay, Colin Rea, Anthony Friese and John Johnstone.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.