2021 Marlins Draft Discussion

Just now, FishFan95 said:

Marlins are clearly targeting athletic guys up the middle with a high hit tool. Big departure from the high power high strikeout guys that we already have in the system.

It’s how it should’ve been done starting 4 years ago. We play in the biggest park in the MLB. Putting the ball in play is going to matter more that hitting it over the fence.

• Like 2

The 5th round guy, Brady Allen, is the first that I really don't like. His numbers in NCAA kind of mirror Isan Diaz. Good walks guy and will run into a few homers, but strikes out too much. Makes sense that he is the first pick with a below average projected hit tool. But by the 5th round, you start scraping towards the bottom of the barrel and I can't complain about the draft overall so far.

I keep seeing all these notes about hitting/hitting for average.

I want STRIKEOUTS.  That's Marlins baseball - whiffing on strike 3 down the middle!

Lol, seriously though - hopefully the hit tool works out for these guys - like someone said above, with a huge park, I'd rather see them spray balls all over the outfield than just trying to hit it out of the park.

• Haha 1