2021 Marlins Draft Discussion

3 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

The Kid Mero What GIF by Desus & Mero

I think he's delusional if he really thinks he's even close to guaranteeing getting 5 to 6 Million or higher next time around in the draft, let alone now. Watson ain't getting #4 slot money. Sign now, or miss the chance to get $4.5 Million, big boy. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WSE said:

This is a very bad development for our hopes of signing Watson. Pick after him at same position went a decent amount higher than what we can offer. 

yep.  it's starting to look like they're going to have to go way over slot and be penalized or let him go back into the draft - lame. hopefully there's a miracle in July.  we once again need @Das Texan to assure us all that the Marlins will sign him this year.

Edited by hovertical
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, hovertical said:

yep.  it's starting to look like they're going to have to go way over slot and be penalized or let him go back into the draft - lame. hopefully there's a miracle in July.  we once again need @Das Texan to assure us all that the Marlins will sign him this year.

The Cardinals should pay the rest of the money. They wouldn’t have Das as a fan if not for us.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Marlins will still make the argument that it’s less risky to take this huge pay day than to go to college and risk a lot of things happening. He hopefully still will take the big over slot offer.

But yea, what happens to others definitely will be a consideration. And this Reds deal will really hurt us in trying to make the argument to Watson. 

11 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Just hope he's not Hanley Ramirez 2.0 or Miguel Cabrera 2.0 …and hope it's not the reason we got him …

I don't get this post.  Hanley was a very good player for the Marlins and Cabrera is ticketed for the Hall of Fame..  You don't want Watson to be that good?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

I don't get this post.  Hanley was a very good player for the Marlins and Cabrera is ticketed for the Hall of Fame..  You don't want Watson to be that good?

I kinda did a doubletake on that comment too although Hanley was really a POS as a teammate from his lazy ass play. He could have been SO much greater had he actually just played harder and put some time into his craft versus just relying on talent. I don't remember Miggy being lazy like Hanley - so not sure where that came from at all.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Typical post of his but i think he was referring to the laziness of those two. For Miggy he had a lazy period in his later Marlins run where his weight started too balloon. 

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Typical post of his but i think he was referring to the laziness of those two. For Miggy he had a lazy period in his later Marlins run where his weight started too balloon. 

I remember Ozzie Guillen saying Miggy needed to lay off the arepas but I don't remember him flat out slothing after balls and seemingly not giving a shit in the field.

When you are looking at life changing money before doing anything and you then turn it down, I apologize, but I’m not going to be rooting for you if you decide to turn it down. If your proven that’s one thing. 

i am really wanting to root for the kid since he’s kinda local to me but I’m not liking that attitude in that video. I appreciate confidence but I don’t like the show me my money vibes

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I can't see this tweet, did that account delete it?

It was Kahlil in a short video answering a question with something close to "they better have my money" or "they better give me my money" while chewing gum in a very douchey way. Don't want to dislike the guy, but that's how it comes across.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, QbanCastillo said:

It was Kahlil in a short video answering a question with something close to "they better have my money" or "they better give me my money" while chewing gum in a very douchey way. Don't want to dislike the guy, but that's how it comes across.

he's chewing gum in all his interviews I've seen so far 

2 hours ago, QbanCastillo said:

I'm liking this post but only because I didn't want to dislike the post and lower your rep. I very much dislike this info. Still needed a reaction. Lol. 

• Sad 1