4/27 Post Game Thread

That was a booty clencher there at the end but finally, for the first time (in a full season) since August 30th, 2017, the Marlins are over .500!

Aguilar finally gets him a long ball.

Errors in the 8th nearly murdered us.

LOB nearly murdered us.

Thankfully ... pulled through.

J'Daniel Day tomorrow.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Michael said:

That was a booty clencher there at the end but finally, for the first time (in a full season) since August 30th, 2017, the Marlins are over .500!

Aguilar finally gets him a long ball.

Errors in the 8th nearly murdered us.

LOB nearly murdered us.

Thankfully ... pulled through.

J'Daniel Day tomorrow.

The August stat is depressing lol

But on a positive note this is exactly the kind of win that they need to pull through in order to make the postseason this year and they did it. Really need to find some consistency from the lineup before some of the overachievers come back down to earth though.

2 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

The August stat is depressing lol

But on a positive note this is exactly the kind of win that they need to pull through in order to make the postseason this year and they did it. Really need to find some consistency from the lineup before some of the overachievers come back down to earth though.

Agreed.  That's the type of game they typically lose, so trying to look at a positive.

• Like 2

I’ll take a win anyway we can get it. Certainly not an incredibly inspiring win, but they all count in the end. 

Hopefully the front office understands this offense still needs major improvements in order to contend. Way too much swing and miss and inconsistency. I’m not sure there’s a single guy in the lineup I trust with RISP.

Keep winning games in the meantime, and hope some reinforcements are on the way sooner than later 

Edited by marlins_09
  • Like 1

As for the offense, 10th most K's, but we have played fewer games than the teams ahead of us. Might be top 3 in K rate. As for walks, we are 8th, but once again might be top 5 if you account for the games played. 

8th in OBP, 14th in SLG, to go for 13th in OPS. That is still with a chunk of guys underperforming so far. With our pitching, though, middle of the pack offense would put us in contention.

1 hour ago, FishFan95 said:

As for the offense, 10th most K's, but we have played fewer games than the teams ahead of us. Might be top 3 in K rate. As for walks, we are 8th, but once again might be top 5 if you account for the games played. 

8th in OBP, 14th in SLG, to go for 13th in OPS. That is still with a chunk of guys underperforming so far. With our pitching, though, middle of the pack offense would put us in contention.

The ranks are MLB, not NL.

19 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

I’ll take a win anyway we can get it. Certainly not an incredibly inspiring win, but they all count in the end. 

Hopefully the front office understands this offense still needs major improvements in order to contend. Way too much swing and miss and inconsistency. I’m not sure there’s a single guy in the lineup I trust with RISP.

Keep winning games in the meantime, and hope some reinforcements are on the way sooner than later 

This was painfully obvious to seemingly everyone BUT the front office......how they didn't drop Correa in here is maddening.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

This was painfully obvious to seemingly everyone BUT the front office......how they didn't drop Correa in here is maddening.

For sure. I’m trying to enjoy the wins. But this starting pitching group (minus Elieser) has a chance to be special. Everything we’ve projected over the last 2-3 years of what the rotation could be is coming to fruition. Don’t waste it with a subpar offense and “ok” bullpen.