Marlins Prioritizing High Contact Hitters this Off-season

Entendu

54 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

And Harold ramirez 

Harold shouldn't have left damnit.

Also, since Kim thought Soler was a high obp% guy I don't put much stock in what she considers high contact guys. Trea would be a beyond perfect fit for the team. But yeah it'll be Harold or Solano lol.

• Like 2

Trea is obviously the right one, but also way too costly for Bruce Sherman. He has a limit of 12 mil AAV for free agents and Trea will exceed that.

I like the change in approach for team makeup, but it won't matter if they continue to shop on clearance racks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jsprt14 said:

Trea Turner absolutely, but I doubt even the SoFla connection is enough to counter how embarrassingly bad and irrelevant the Marlins are.

He would sign with the Marlins if they made a fair competitive offer, but they won't. I don't buy the narrative that free agents don't want to sign with the Marlins. They'd sign if this cheap owner would actually try to sign them.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Are you fucking kidding me?…. Do you really think that a major league baseball team needs to have the “realization” that they need hitters who can actually hit the ball with any consistency!? Embarrassing.

You are certainly more level-headed than the Twitter account "Marlin Maniac" - dude thought we should trade Pablo for Nick Gordon. ... and that's it.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Are you fucking kidding me?…. Do you really think that a major league baseball team needs to have the “realization” that they need hitters who can actually hit the ball with any consistency!? Embarrassing.

Lmao when you put it this way...

Gosh I hope they also go after some pitchers who can get batters out. 

10 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Lmao when you put it this way...

Gosh I hope they also go after some pitchers who can get batters out. 

dude I’m all for supplementing traditional baseball with some analytical advances, but it’s gotten to the point where teams like this build their philosophies off of what a computer “thinks” even if it’s counter intuitive. I understand the importance of .OBP, but I’m a believer in putting the bat on the ball and forcing the defense to be perfect, or poke a single over the first baseman. I don’t need a dude that takes a lot of walks but can’t run, that’s just a base clog. I don’t need a 20 HR guy who hits .210 and strikes out 200 times. Let’s go back to the days when .250 hitters rode the bench and Dudes stole bases. Because this analytical age is causing nothing but inconsistency and more “bust” prospects than I’ve ever seen in my life all around the league. 

Edited by marlinsmaniac
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael said:

You are certainly more level-headed than the Twitter account "Marlin Maniac" - dude thought we should trade Pablo for Nick Gordon. ... and that's it.

The twitter maniac must be a bit. He was arguing that WAR is directly translatable to actual wins and that the team is a 90 win team once Jazz is back and soler and avi have career high seasons 😆 

8 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

The twitter maniac must be a bit. He was arguing that WAR is directly translatable to actual wins and that the team is a 90 win team once Jazz is back and soler and avi have career high seasons 😆 

What's his twitter name? I see @Michael mentioned his name. Is it exactly MarlinManiac?

Just now, SonOfJack said:

This is one of the worst suggestions I've read this week and I read Twitter suggestions.

I honestly would like to see Stanton come back south, in an effort to make space for Judges Salary.

Then would like to get a low cost flier on ozuna just for ATL to get rid of him, and I hated Ozuna.

12 hours ago, fanofthefish said:

This is a great idea, but what do they do with shit contracts of Garcia and Soler?!? Can they actually afford anyone worth a crap that would be a high contact hitter ?

I think they can trade Soler for another "change of scenery" guy. Garcia is a mess. Hopefully Soler is afraid of beimg traded and opts out instead

14 minutes ago, Piazza31 said:

I honestly would like to see Stanton come back south, in an effort to make space for Judges Salary.

That contract stinks. Only way the Marlins would even consider it is if the Yanks pay a large percentage of it.

in reality, there are guys on the roster that would be useful IF they better balanced and replaced some of the other guys.  I'm all for a high contact, speedy team though.  Those kinds of players are exciting to me versus the guys who hit 30hr but bat .200.  Soler would have a spot in this lineup if they surrounded him with guys who could get on base first and put some pressure on the pitcher and defense. 

So yeah, it's literally the SAME needs we've had for several seasons in a row now lol.  We'll see what they consider "high contact" guys though.  We may at least get a good laugh out of it coming up with additional reasons as to why it's not Kim's fault.