Would you trade 2003 World Series...

I've started thinking about this lately and it might seem blasphemous to some and might be a dumb topic but... Would you trade the 2003 World Series for a more consistent team year after year that makes the playoffs more often then not and has a chance to win while being widely respected around the league?

i wasn't around for either of the World Series but not making the playoffs since thing sucks pretty bad. I might have a skewed view but almost would think about it. 

No. Making the playoffs or having a winning record in multiple seasons means nothing in comparison to winning even one title.

Just ask any Buffalo Bills fan how they feel about winning the division 6 times between 88 and 95 and going to the Super Bowl four straight years from 90-93 without winning it all once.

nope.

I'm gonna defer to the Braves and their 14 or so division titles but only one world championship. I'll take our 2 world championships over that no matter how many losing seasons we've had.

Also, nothing personal but you not being around for either world series probably makes a huge difference. You have no idea how beautiful those two championships are to us. Also, I'm curious, how old are you?

I've started thinking about this lately and it might seem blasphemous to some and might be a dumb topic but... Would you trade the 2003 World Series for a more consistent team year after that makes the playoffs more often then not and has a chance to win while being widely respected around the league?

i wasn't around for either of the World Series but not making the playoffs since thing sucks pretty bad. I might have a skewed view but almost would think about it. 

As a former Marlin fan, NEVER.

There are some franchises still seeking their first or their first in decades (or in some centuries)

not a snowflake's chance in hell i'd trade that.  i've followed the same team in each of the 4 major sports here stateside and have done so since i was a wee lad (mid 30's now).  sadly, only the Marlins have won titles out of that group lol.  i have a thing for following truly horrendous franchises I suppose.  Still, 97 and 03 were utterly amazing to know that YOU are a true fan of the team that won it all.  I can't imagine being a lifelong fan of one of the teams that seem to win it all every year or every few years (in any of the sports). 

I would trade 97 for not having Loria as an owner ever, but still win the WS in 03.

But if you trade 97 for no Loria then you might not have gotten 03 and then we'd have zero championships.

...And don't tell me the 03 core was here before Loria got here. Yes it was but there were enough moves made by Loria in 02 & 03 that we wouldn't have won the championship without.

Yes it was but there were enough moves made by Loria in 02 & 03 that we wouldn't have won the championship without.

Yeah, Pudge was a HUGE reason we won in 2003 and we only got him because of Loria. It was one of his personal "gotta have this guy" moves where he expanded budget to get him. Then the Urbina trade by Loria's men, etc. DD built most of that team but we don't win it all without changes made by Loria and his FO.

nope.

I'm gonna defer to the Braves and their 14 or so division titles but only one world championship. I'll take our 2 world championships over that no matter how many losing seasons we've had.

Also, nothing personal but you not being around for either world series probably makes a huge difference. You have no idea how beautiful those two championships are to us. Also, I'm curious, how old are you?

I know 100% that if I was more of a baseball fan around that time I would have a different view. Im a few months off of 30 but just didn't watch baseball back then since I had no local team on tv other than the braves. 

To everyone, I just though this was interesting to hear the opinions since some of you have a longer period of no playoff baseball then I. As I said in the first post, I would almost think about it so I'm definitely not one side more then the other.

Guest Vince0926

The Cubs won the World Series yesterday! I simulated the season on mlb the show and Cubs beat the Tigers in 6!! That means Admin had the sex yesterday!!!

But if you trade 97 for no Loria then you might not have gotten 03 and then we'd have zero championships.

...And don't tell me the 03 core was here before Loria got here. Yes it was but there were enough moves made by Loria in 02 & 03 that we wouldn't have won the championship without.

Dombrowski built the 2003 team.

Loria and his retarded philosophy of whats a minor league system and prospects mentality of trading away pieces and making a splash on the market finished the job.

Loria has been trying to re-create 2003 since all the while forgetting about the first step in why 2003 even happened.  That 2003 run is probably my third or fourth favorite title I've ever witnessed, behind 1999 Spurs and 2014 Spurs, tied with 2003 Spurs (fuck 2003 was a fun year for me!)