Everything posted by MarlinsMS_35
-
Bring Back The Wanstach!
http://www.790theticket.com/audioplayer.ph...otz&id=3686 :lol Absolutely hilarious!
-
SAMson going to be on Lebatard today
Interesting how Beinfest is regarding to Miller as our #1 starter.
-
*NEW* Dontrelle Willis Blog
He actually responded to me! But this might have been more exciting if he was on the team WARNING WHATS UNDER HERE MIGHT CAUSE YOU TO CRY :banghead
-
ESPN Poll On the Marlins
On question 1 they stole my sig!
- Our Future CF
-
Who will man 3b
SP - Miller, Mitre, Olsen, Nolasco, Hurk What about Josh Johnson? (If he stays healthy)
-
Who will man 3b
COME OUT FOR SUUUUUPER SATURDAY! WITH A POST GAME CONCERT BY THE PLAYERS TO BE NAMED LATER AND FIREWORKS. THE FIRST 1 FAN IN ATTENDANCE GETS TO PLAY 3RD BASE AND THE NEXT 9,999 FANS GET FREE MARLIN KAZOOS FROM MAROONE!!!! YOU GOTTA BE HERE! If they really did that i would literally get theree like 3 days before the game so I could play. lol
-
Cabrera, Willis traded to Tigers
:crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying ESPN just confirmed deal is done.
-
Marlins Fans to Rally for New Stadium
Woohoo my sign idea got used!
-
Guess who donated $20 million to his alma mater?
We really need a connection with Bud Selig, How can he let Loria do this to the Expos first off. Personally I wouldn't let him own another team after the Montreal situation, and now look at what he's doing to Florida. Do Loria and Selig have some kind of relationship that we don't know about?
-
Marlins Fans to Rally for New Stadium
You guys should just bring a sign that says "Future Home of the Florida Marlins"
-
Marlins may play a series in Puerto Rico in '08
just curious does anyone know what size crowds the expos drew when they played there ? 2004~748,550 In PR The MLB should almost just expand to PR. (It's all about $ with them)
-
MLS to consider Miami expansion
Oh wait, that would mean we're f***ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 who said that? no reason to believe that it would hurt our plans. It would almost indirectly promote downtown for us. I really dont want to have to go into the split stadium again. they wouldnt have to split the stadium... they can fit a soccer specific stadium in there, they arent that big. What I mean is that I wouldn't want to go into a half soccer/ half baseball facility. I want full baseball.
-
MLS to consider Miami expansion
Oh wait, that would mean we're f***ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 who said that? no reason to believe that it would hurt our plans. It would almost indirectly promote downtown for us. I really dont want to have to go into the split stadium again.
-
Revised Marlins Proposed Offseason Plan
I'm actually a little bit for the #3 trade.
-
Dontrelle Willis Trade Rumors
Extremely luckily for me Mark Wiley is really good friends with my assistant coach for JV baseball. So a couple days ago he was at our game. (He's going from scouting Major League games, to watching JV fall games. So the main point is that When I was in the dugout, I was overhearing them talking. Our coach asked Wiley about Dontrelle. I must admit I literally jumped. Wiley said he wont be traded unless we get some sort of blockbuster deal. So I guess that's good, thinking that they're hesitant on trading Dontrelle. Wiley stayed for the first 2 innings, and got to see me walk on 4 straight balls. I really wanted to rip the ball in front of him. It's so cool that I kind of have connections with the marlins now, and I hope to see alot of Mark Wiley, but that's just a hope. I feel lucky
-
League worried about Marlins' OB site
Well, sorry, that I actually support the team regardless of where they call their home city. Honestly, though South Florida, under the right circumstances, is the best market for the team. Hopefully the league, team and county and city can create that condition by building a ballpark able to provide the proper incentives for owners, fans and local businesses. However, there's no reason to commit to South Florida if the current conditions continue in a new ballpark. You are 5% of the sports population. Congrats. I'm part of that population too. If the Marlins move I will still be a fan of the Las Vegas _______, San Antonio _______, etc. But I will be more of a fan if they were the Florida/Miami Marlins.
-
Marlins Close to Orange Bowl Deal
I'll buy a piece of the Orange Bowl. My friend has one from the ND stadium. IF the ballpark at the Orange Bowl deal gets done, I will happily dance in my underwear (no videos)
-
League worried about Marlins' OB site
It'd be nice if MLB forces Loria to sell. Those rich bastards! Fixed.
-
Willis likely to Return in '08
http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/articl...sp&c_id=fla MIAMI BEACH -- Wearing his familiar No. 35 jersey on Sunday night, Dontrelle Willis was the host of a weekend charity event that concluded at Lucky Strike Lanes. Considering that he isn't yet signed for the 2008 season, many are questioning if Willis' days in that Marlins jersey are numbered. But on Sunday night, the D-Train's agent, Matt Sosnick, gave a strong indication that the energetic left-hander is part of Florida's future plans. "If I were to guess, I'd guess Dontrelle is going to come back," Sosnick said. Sosnick, who is based in California, said that he spoke briefly in a South Florida supermarket with Admin Beinfest, the Marlins' president of baseball operations, on Saturday. It was during that conversation that the agent was led to believe Willis will be with Florida in 2008. "It's one of those deals where you never really know," Sosnick cautioned. Willis, who made $6.45 million this past season, is arbitration-eligible for the next two years. He won't have the necessary service time to be a free agent until after the 2009 season. Sosnick said that he spoke with Beinfest about when he wanted to discuss Willis' contract. The fact that Beinfest was frank in his response to that direct question has the agent believing the Marlins indeed plan to keep their ace. "'We plan on Dontrelle being here, so we'll plan on doing it the normal time,' " Sosnick said, recounting his conversation with Beinfest. In years past, "normal time" to begin discussions for Willis' contract began around Thanksgiving. This year the Marlins have eight players eligible for arbitration, compared with four a year ago. With twice as many players up for arbitration, Florida's front office is already making mapping out how to budget times for negotiations. The other Marlins eligible for arbitration are Miguel Cabrera, Sergio Mitre, Miguel Olivo, Kevin Gregg, Matt Treanor, Alfredo Amezaga and Justin Miller. Sosnick's group also represents Mitre. Willis, who has a 68-54 career record with a 3.78 ERA, is Florida's all-time wins leader. But the lefty is coming off a down year, going 10-15 with a 5.17 ERA while logging 205 1/3 innings. The team leader, Willis on Sunday showed why he remains one of Florida's most popular players of all time. He gave back to the community this weekend with a star-filled charity event in Miami. The "Weekend With The D-Train" benefits the Children's Home Society. After 30 children were treated to a shopping spree at NIKETOWN on Saturday, about 28 children bowled at Lucky Strikes Lanes in Miami Beach on Sunday night. All proceeds will benefit the Children's Home Society through the Florida Marlins Community Foundation. A number of "celebrity" bowlers mingled with the children, including Major Leaguers Scott Olsen, Juan Pierre, Cliff Floyd, Dmitri Young, Nook Logan, Edwin Jackson and Jarrod Saltalamacchia. Former Marlin Lenny Harris, now the Nationals hitting coach, also was on hand. In addition, a silent auction was conducted to raise money for Willis' fund to benefit the Children's Home Society. "My goal was to have people who are from the community or played in the community," Willis said. "I think people tend to gravitate to that a little more." :thumbup
-
A-Rod / Marlins Rumor Talk
Yes, it most likely won't happen, but you can't help to not get excited.
-
CF Ideas
Look in Mexico, find Amezaga another buddy. Its easy to find guys that can climb up walls. (oooo burned. lol jp)
-
Marlins Eyeing Bonds?
Well if we're going to go out and spend a 1y/15 mil on someone it should be either Barry, or A-Rod (if he opts out) If we get Barry Barry to LF Hammer to 1B Jacobs traded, benched, or sent down If we get A-Rod Miggy stays at 3B Hanley to CF A-Rod to SS Personally, I like the A-rod better. He's better than Barry, will draw better than Barry, and works out for the team better than Barry. Plus he's from Miami.\ Whats your opinion?
-
Letters for Jeff Conine
Mr. Conine, You have helped turn the franchise into a 2 time World Series Champion! I have a signed ball by you, and I will cherish it forever. Thanks, Michael Boca Raton, FL
-
Marlins Eyeing Bonds?
Found this link though MLB trade rumors http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/nl...nds-cover_N.htm Florida Marlins: There might not be an owner in baseball who adores Bonds more than Jeffrey Loria. He even flew Bonds to New York last year on his private plane, drawing a fine from the commissioner's office. Certainly, Bonds would sell plenty of tickets. But can they convince Bonds that Florida will be a contender? The actual post on MLB Trade Rumors http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/09/cubs-a-good-fit.html Chicago and Florida. Bonds, meanwhile, just may be the apple of Jeffrey Loria's eye. The Florida Marlins owner was fined by the commissioners office last year for flying Bonds to New York in his personal jet. But if the Fish deal Dontrelle Willis in the offseason, it'd be hard to convince Bonds that they're a serious contender. I would love to see Barry in our uni next year. Yes he has the steroid controversy, but he will but people in the seats. Also, what a great combonation to open the 2008 season. A new stadium, AND Barry Bonds. Those are just my thoughts.