Who is the best prospect the Marlins got

Finfan9113

I know I'm a minority on this one but I think Olsen is our top prospect.? I think this guy could be very very good.

686855[/snapback]

he is flat out nasty

686859[/snapback]

He's got the best slider in the minors, and throws in the mid 90s. The guy is a strike out machine. He outdueled Kazmir early in the season when Kazmir was pitching in the Florida State League.

I know I'm a minority on this one but I think Olsen is our top prospect.? I think this guy could be very very good.

686855[/snapback]

he is flat out nasty

686859[/snapback]

He's got the best slider in the minors, and throws in the mid 90s. The guy is a strike out machine. He outdueled Kazmir early in the season when Kazmir was pitching in the Florida State League.

686866[/snapback]

So when does Olsen make it to the bigs? Would you anticipate a September call up?

I wouldn't anticipate seeing him this season because he's still a little raw, but I certainly don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that we see him next year. I would certainly expect him to be in the rotation come 2006.

That Carolina team is going to be very interesting. The rotation is going to be sick with Bazardo, Johnson, Kensing, and Olsen, and most likely Stokes and Hermida will be playing there as well. Vargas and Tankersley could see some time there as well.

I wouldn't anticipate seeing him this season because he's still a little raw, but I certainly don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that we see him next year. I would certainly expect him to be in the rotation come 2006.

That Carolina team is going to be very interesting. The rotation is going to be sick with Bazardo, Johnson, Kensing, and Olsen, and most likely Stokes and Hermida will be playing there as well. Vargas and Tankersley could see some time there as well.

686889[/snapback]

that is a sick rotation

Someone asked about Hermida and Olsen at the town hall meeting(10:30).. Beinfest didn't give a time table on neither, but said you could see Hermida in a couple of years. RF in '06 maybe :mischief2

686933[/snapback]

With Conine and Encarnacion coming off the books, I'd be more surprised if Hermida isn't starting in RF in '06.

Someone asked about Hermida and Olsen at the town hall meeting(10:30).. Beinfest didn't give a time table on neither, but said you could see Hermida in a couple of years. RF in '06 maybe :mischief2

686933[/snapback]

With Conine and Encarnacion coming off the books, I'd be more surprised if Hermida isn't starting in RF in '06.

687002[/snapback]

You can bet those $$$ are going towards Delgado's salary next year. So we need a RF'er that costs close to nothing.

Hopefully Leiter's $$$ will be used to sign AJ to a multi-year deal.

A decision will have to be made whether to give Gonzo an extension. It likely depends on whether he can improve at the plate this year.

686933[/snapback]

687002[/snapback]

You can bet those $$$ are going towards Delgado's salary next year. So we need a RF'er that costs close to nothing.

A decision will have to be made whether to give Gonzo an extension. It likely depends on whether he can improve at the plate this year.

687008[/snapback]

while we're at it, we might as well pencil Josh Wilson as our starting SS next year

686933[/snapback]

687002[/snapback]

687008[/snapback]

while we're at it, we might as well pencil Josh Wilson as our starting SS next year

687010[/snapback]

I wouldn't go that far, Alex'll probably be back at about the same rate he's getting this year.

However, as a season ticket holder, I'm fully anticipating another jump in prices...and like I said at the start of the off-season, I'll gladly pay them in the name of a competitive product on the field.

686889[/snapback]

Damn Im gonna have to make a few trips to see some games this spring...some awesome young arms and bats :thumbup

I'd say Hermida is best prospect, but the arms moving through the system are pretty awesome too. And to think we have a bunch of early round draft picks this year too.

I know I'm a minority on this one but I think Olsen is our top prospect. I think this guy could be very very good.

686855[/snapback]

he is flat out nasty

686859[/snapback]

Plus, if I'm not mistaken, he's a lefty.

686862[/snapback]

A 6'5" lefty if I'm not mistaken

I'd have to go with Hermida as best prospect though.