WPBT Poll

Hi everyone.

I found this while browsing the web. It's a poll that WPBT is conducting after the Samson and Braman Interviews. I encourage you all the vote for the Marlins. It might just seem as a silly poll, but we have to remember that Braman originally used these polls to "show commissioners" that the community sided with him. Let's show them otherwise!

Link to Poll

Hi everyone.

I found this while browsing the web. It's a poll that WPBT is conducting after the Samson and Braman Interviews. I encourage you all the vote for the Marlins. It might just seem as a silly poll, but we have to remember that Braman originally used these polls to "show commissioners" that the community sided with him. Let's show them otherwise!

Link to Poll

nice poll...thanx

this poll was pay by Braman that why he got win in poll all people want to poll ths poll is BS this interview is trap set by Braman to use in apppear

How is the interview a trap? He's already lost. And if he did pay off someone to win the poll, it was a giant waste of money. Very few people have actually watched these interviews and the only people voting are probably us on this message board and people who work for Braman and his lawyers. Nobody else even knows that this poll exists.

this poll was pay by Braman that why he got win in poll all people want to poll ths poll is BS this interview is trap set by Braman to use in apppear

How is the interview a trap? He's already lost. And if he did pay off someone to win the poll, it was a giant waste of money. Very few people have actually watched these interviews and the only people voting are probably us on this message board and people who work for Braman and his lawyers. Nobody else even knows that this poll exists.

Not until he uses it as a mandate for his appeals and tries to get an injunction based on it.

Not until he uses it as a mandate for his appeals and tries to get an injunction based on it.

A lawyer can correct me if I'm wrong, but Braman not liking the decision is not grounds for appeal. They don't re-hear the entire case on an appeal. I believe that all the higher court does is determine if the lower court applied the law correctly. In this case, Judge Cohen has been exceedingly cautious to make sure her decision follows the written law.

As for using this poll...No way any Judge would allow an Internet poll as evidence for anything.

As a lawyer, I can say that you are, in general, correct. Bramman will have to argue that the trial court made specific legal (or factual) errors. As far as any legal errors (such as whether a referendum is required), this is reviewed "de novo" by the appellate court, meaning that the trial court's decision is irrelevant. Because the Florida Supreme Court has addressed the referendum issue, the appellate court would be bound by that ruling (unless it somehow determined that the Supreme Court decision did not apply here). On the other hand, any factual decisions made by the trial court (and I would think the public purpose decision would be deemed factual) are reviewed for an "abuse of discretion" or as "clearly errorneous." Appellate courts do not like to revisit factual determinations made by a trial court. Bramman's best chance to succeed would be to find some legal error that he believes Judge Cohen made; this appears unlikely. I hope that somewhat clears things up for non-lawyers.