. . . Soooo . . . Hanley and 3B?

I think they'll get him to come around

I also think it's telling that you are getting very little out of hanley on this - i'm sure reporters are trying to get a quote, but really there is nothing to report from him .... he hasn't been shy in the past about letting out an emotional comment or two

my opinion is that he's probably a little hurt, probably a little upset and probably trying to get some stuff figured out in his head while venting to other friends/ballplayers ....... that is probably where these sources are coming from

reporter: "hey, you talk to hanley at all about reyes taking his spot?"

player friend "a little, he's a bit confused and a little angry - not sure how he fits in with the teams plans as he was always their guy at SS - almost feels like he'd rather get a fresh start elsewhere than have to be replaced and moved to 3B"

this turns into - our sources say that hanley will request to be traded and does not want to move to 3B

just let the madness calm a bit - let the FAs get signed, trades made and check back in on this story about 5-6 weeks from now

Sigh... so if Hanley becomes a liability and refuses to switch to 3rd base, what happens?

2B Reyes

SS Hanley

3B Infante

..and then Hanley looks like an even bigger jackass.

Whatever happened to the I'll do whatever is best for the team attitude? Is that naive of me?

Listen, this is like what, the fourth or so story of him having a problem with the reyes from a credible news source. these guys dont just make up stories. they r getting the info from someone in hanleys camp, and the person leaking the info is likely doing so on orders from hanley. hanleys not gonna come out publicly and say it but theres too much smoke here for it to just be outright dismissed.

Sigh... so if Hanley becomes a liability and refuses to switch to 3rd base, what happens?

Three options:

1. Move Hanley to third, hope he comes around.

2. Keep Hanley at SS, move Reyes to 2B, Infante to 3B.

3. Trade Hanley for SP/CF/3B

I like the first option, but if he becomes a distraction, option three doesn't seem all too bad.

i doubt hanley is giving orders to leak stuff - he can deliver his message directly - he doesn't need to stir up a crap storm at this time and put what will ultimately be negative attention on himself publicly

i'd be positive the sources are people he talks to about this stuff though - people who have pre-existing contact with media

#Marlins official just told me Hanley Ramirez has NOT asked to be traded

-Capozzi

ESPN has a story up that says he decided to not request a trade, but rather told the Marlins brass he doesn't want to play anywhere but shortstop.

Meaning he's just going to cause drama for right now.

#Marlins official just told me Hanley Ramirez has NOT asked to be traded

-Capozzi

sure, but this info isnt coming from nowhere. it all fits with his history of being a baby so i dont find it that hard to believe. hes handling it in a juvenile matter by leaking it to the media.

i doubt hanley is giving orders to leak stuff - he can deliver his message directly - he doesn't need to stir up a crap storm at this time and put what will ultimately be negative attention on himself publicly

i'd be positive the sources are people he talks to about this stuff though - people who have pre-existing contact with media

your right he doesnt need to stir any of this up, but he is because hes a baby and wants some attention or is mad hes no longer the center of attention on the team. its causing him negative attention but his past has shown he doesnt care about that kind of stuff.