. . . Soooo . . . Hanley and 3B?

Check it out: Hanley himself saying he likes it

@ThisIsChucker Hanley responded to a fan HIMSELF that "he likes it" in response to adding Pujols & Reyeshttp://pic.twitter.com/ev4nB4JI

Saw that earlier...this fake/real drama on top of the Pujols negotiations is driving me nuts.

The media is so annoying, they report so much stuff that isnt true, I for one think Hanley will accept this, especially with the coming moves

I honestly wouldn't mind trading Hanley.

It makes that payroll bearable down the road when people like LoMo and Stanton begin to hit arbitration.

Either way this works out is fine by me.

What's going to make payroll bearable is not offering no trade clauses and then unloading the recent signings (or Hanley) once this team put together for the launch of the new stadium has run it's course.

Teams don't make money from short term moves like the one you are implying they are going to try to pull. This team has been making money hand over fist the last 3 years. You only deviate from that course of conduct if you have a legit long term plan for making money, big time money. I have no doubt in my mind that the FO thinks they can make Red Sox/Yankees coin through Latin America. Whether that is true or not remains to be seen.

MIAMI -- The cost-cutting Florida Marlins finalized their big trade with the Mets on Thursday, sending slugger Carlos Delgado to New York for first baseman Mike Jacobs and two minor leaguers.

Huh, funnily enough, they do.

I don't get it. Are you saying the Marlins made money from this move? If I'm not mistaken the Marlins attendance didn't improve after that signing. The Marlins made more money from revenue sharing than they ever made from signing Carlos Delgado.

i think hanley hasnt asked them for a trade, but i also think hes leaking the info to the media to start drama. theres no contradiction there. i think hes handling this like a baby by leaking stuff to the media but not telling the marlins about it. the guy acts like a baby so why should this be any different?

JCRMarlinsbeat Juan C. Rodriguez

Report: Hanley Ramirez would prefer trade to position change goo.gl/fb/xHt6u

#Marlins official just told me Hanley Ramirez has NOT asked to be traded

-Capozzi

What is this I don't even.

JCR and the Sun-Sentinel, IMO, add sensationalism to their Marlins coverage. Joe Capozzi and the PBP are closer to the old school style of journalism which includes objectivity, integrity and correct facts.

It makes that payroll bearable down the road when people like LoMo and Stanton begin to hit arbitration.

What's going to make payroll bearable is not offering no trade clauses and then unloading the recent signings (or Hanley) once this team put together for the launch of the new stadium has run it's course.

Teams don't make money from short term moves like the one you are implying they are going to try to pull. This team has been making money hand over fist the last 3 years. You only deviate from that course of conduct if you have a legit long term plan for making money, big time money. I have no doubt in my mind that the FO thinks they can make Red Sox/Yankees coin through Latin America. Whether that is true or not remains to be seen.

MIAMI -- The cost-cutting Florida Marlins finalized their big trade with the Mets on Thursday, sending slugger Carlos Delgado to New York for first baseman Mike Jacobs and two minor leaguers.

I don't get it. Are you saying the Marlins made money from this move? If I'm not mistaken the Marlins attendance didn't improve after that signing. The Marlins made more money from revenue sharing than they ever made from signing Carlos Delgado.

I think the point is pretty obvious - since the marlins made a big signing for a 1B at a time when they had dubious fan support and revenue streams and merely dreams of having a stadium built only to trade them a little while later when they will had dubious fan support, revenue streams and even more remote dreams of having a stadium built then it only stands to reason that they will sign a big name 1B now that they have a stadium, improved revenue streams and undetermined fan support ........... this only would hold true though if fan support remained undetermined as you cannot change any aspect

i think hanley hasnt asked them for a trade, but i also think hes leaking the info to the media to start drama. theres no contradiction there. i think hes handling this like a baby by leaking stuff to the media but not telling the marlins about it. the guy acts like a baby so why should this be any different?

But there Is absolutely no fact at the moment that says Hanley is leaking stuff to the media. I'm not the biggest Hanley fan but I'm not going to throw out complete assumptions as fact.

Seems dumb for Hanley to wanna leave this team with all these additions. I understand his pride at shortstop but the Marlins want him to be a big piece of this puzzle, why leave when he's clearly one of the key pieces?

Its like the Heats big 3 we've compared them to... Imagine if Lebron accepted and Wade left cuz he decided not to be one of the big 3 but wanted to be the big one? i dont get that

lmao @ the earlier statement that Hanley has earned the abiltiy to play SS. In all my life of playing baseball I've never understood the obsession with playing SS.

Hanley earns his salary by doing what the team tells him to do. If he doesn't like it his only remedy is to bitch. Which he can exercise at the risk of looking like a dumbass and worse being dealt to shittown USA. If he doesn't like 3B he better be ready to play in KC or Seattle because he has NO leverage.

hanley for king felix...DONE =)

So what happens if attendance doesn't sky rocket enough to support a dramatically higher payroll, even with the lack of rent payments for the (old) stadium? Not every team can support 100 million in payroll. The organization might be content to risk losses right now in order to generate buzz and make the Marlins a hot ticket item. Economically, that's not a bad decision for the Marlins long term.

If you recall, the contract to Delgado was heavily backloaded and actually ridiculously cheap up front. From all we've heard, the Marlins are trying to backload the contracts they are handing out now. Don't you think it's a possibility that they only intend to keep Albert Pujols for 3-4 years if they sign him?

If theres even an inkling of this being true, which I doubt... I dont see the Marlins giving in, he's just too talented. They'll make sure Ozzie and even Reyes himself work with Hanley to get it done. I'm remembering Soriano not wanting to play 2B a few years back, he eventually gave in and Hanley is a million times better than Soriano.

Have their been discussions of even moving Hanley to second entertaining the idea if omar can play 3rd? I know omar has moved around the field a bit

Omar is a much better middle infielder than Hanley and moving Hanley to second is still forcing him to another position which is what he's objecting to. Also, Hanley wouldn't be a better defender at second than short, and even if he is not better at third he is at a less important defensive position there where his lack of defensive prowess won't be as harmful to the team.