Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carlos Zambrano Acquired

Featured Replies

yeah & the other article ends with:

 

Still, at a mere $3 million and at the cost of a struggling young pitcher in Chris Volstad who may not yet be ready to contribute to a winning team, the logistics make sense for Florida. This is the kind of risk teams who are close to the playoffs need to make, and if it pays off we could very well see some October baseball in Jeffrey Loria’s fancy new digs.

 

 

:thumbup

 

I think I just got an erection.

 

...this could be a huge under the radar move down the line.

 

My erection hasn't gone down since we signed Reyes.

 

Seriously, it hurts. Please help.

I think I just woke my wife up with hysterical laughter.

 

And that really makes the sex awkward. Thanks, gizmo, thanks a lot.

yeah & the other article ends with:

 

Still, at a mere $3 million and at the cost of a struggling young pitcher in Chris Volstad who may not yet be ready to contribute to a winning team, the logistics make sense for Florida. This is the kind of risk teams who are close to the playoffs need to make, and if it pays off we could very well see some October baseball in Jeffrey Loria’s fancy new digs.

 

 

:thumbup

Thanks for restoring ny faith, pop n' hot.

  • Author

yeah & the other article ends with:

 

Still, at a mere $3 million and at the cost of a struggling young pitcher in Chris Volstad who may not yet be ready to contribute to a winning team, the logistics make sense for Florida. This is the kind of risk teams who are close to the playoffs need to make, and if it pays off we could very well see some October baseball in Jeffrey Loria’s fancy new digs.

 

 

:thumbup

 

I think I just got an erection.

 

...this could be a huge under the radar move down the line.

 

My erection hasn't gone down since we signed Reyes.

 

Seriously, it hurts. Please help.

I think I just woke my wife up with hysterical laughter.

 

And that really makes the sex awkward. Thanks, gizmo, thanks a lot.

 

Glad I could help.

Ozzie and Zambrano in the same lockerroom?...It will be fun to watch but what are the chances that it will make it out of ST? Zambrano may be in a mental ward by April if Ozzie hasn't strangled him first

Still hope they make a play for Garza, ship out Nolasco and sign Cespedes

Hearing Frisaro speak on MLB.com, and hearing how the Marlins are clearly saying Zambrano is the #5 starter, it doesn't sound like this exactly puts the nail in the coffin as far as our offseason moves. Sounds to me like acquiring one more starter isn't out of the question. Interesting.

Ozzie and Zambrano in the same lockerroom?...It will be fun to watch but what are the chances that it will make it out of ST? Zambrano may be in a mental ward by April if Ozzie hasn't strangled him first

 

 

Ozzie and Zambrano are very good friends. And outside of baseball as well. Normally, you might be right. But this is one of those 'exceptions to the rule'.

 

That's not to say that Zambrano wont be a handful, but there wont be war between Ozzie and Big Z.

at this point anything is better than Volstad

 

Volstad, even with his issues, is still just 25...

When I first read this I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

 

Then when I read the Cubs would be paying most of his salary and a trade for Volstad I was like done deal.

 

Volstad's not that good, unless you consider giving up HR's good. I don't think many will miss him except perhaps Nyjer Morgan but they will probably see each other more now.

Its a good move nothing great. I still think we need to do more, were getting a lot of iffy guys.

 

Reyes (injuries) Buehrle (number 2 or number 3 starter?) and Big Z (the attitude/tirade/ragefit) I guess after your name was in the running for Pujols though you tend to be greedy and want the best of the best, speaking of myself as a fan of course.

 

Just keep making moves! MOAR!

Glad we got some value from Volstad. I don't see us realistically going after another starting pitcher, unless we can ship Nolasco out and get Oswalt, but I don't think the front office is really looking to do so. Right now, we're probably waiting for Cespedes.

Low risk signing. If it works, cool. If not, they picked up the salary and we didn't lose much. Plus I think playing for Ozzie will keep his attiude in check.

 

Fine with me.

Can the Marlins do no wrong here? If this goes south, you're putting the season in jeopardy. I don't know why the Marlins didn't go after Oswalt instead or beg Vazquez to come back for one more year. It would have been more expensive, but you could have shipped Volstad somewhere else, or hold on to him (he is in fact, only 25).

I'm tired of hearing "Volstad's only 25..." He's only had bright spots when it didn't matter at all, but when the pressure's even slightly on for the team, he crumbles.

I always saw this or Johan trade to Miami because of the Ozzie influence and the need for pitching, I think the marlins are doing great with paying 2.5 - 3 million for a 5th starter that could potentially be somewhat decent or at the worst a good innings eater at the back end of the rotation.

 

Regardless this is a very good low risk, high reward for the fish

  • Author

Z has been throwing 94-95 mph in Venezuela. So velo is there #Marlins

 

-Frisaro

 

That's good to hear

I always saw this or Johan trade to Miami because of the Ozzie influence and the need for pitching, I think the marlins are doing great with paying 2.5 - 3 million for a 5th starter that could potentially be somewhat decent or at the worst a good innings eater at the back end of the rotation.

 

Regardless this is a very good low risk, high reward for the fish

 

If we could pick up Johan, too, that'd be amazing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.