Cogs to start working at 3b

not a joke

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-marlins/fl-marlins-notes-0604-20130603,0,5700439.story

I would think Dietrich probably has the better arm for third, having come up as a shortstop... on the other hand he may have a little better range for 2b than Cogs does. We'll see how it works out.

Is this a joke? No way in hell Cogs can play 3b to a respectable degree.

Does this mean DD is going down in place of Donovan "Beefcake Future HOFer Luis Castillo 2.0" Solano?

well I meant *not a joke* in that we've been suggesting for years now that they shift him back to the infield.

as for whether he can play third... we'll see. He did play the infield coming up through the minors but was mainly at 2b.

There's really no downside to giving it a shot, as it currently stands he'd probably only stick with the team as a 4th/5th outfielder and that's IF he can keep it up at the plate. If he can do 3b that gives him a little (some?) value either in trade or off the bench here. 3b/SS/2b is certainly the weakest area in the organization so may as well throw some stuff at the wall & see if it sticks. It's a little desperate at this stage but well we are the worst team in the majors..

well I meant not a joke in that we've been suggesting for years now that they shift him back to the infield.

as for whether he can play third... we'll see. He did play there a bit coming up through the minors but mainly at 2b, and even then the error count was up there. There's really no downside to giving it a shot, as it currently stands he'd probably only stick with the team as a 4th/5th outfielder and that's IF he can keep it up at the plate. If he can do 3b that gives him a little more value either in trade or off the bench here.

I was joking about the is this a joke thing :)

But yeah, no harm in putting him there I guess even though he'd be a below average 3b both offensively and defensively, but that sound about right for the marlins

well I meant not a joke in that we've been suggesting for years now that they shift him back to the infield.

as for whether he can play third... we'll see. He did play there a bit coming up through the minors but mainly at 2b, and even then the error count was up there. There's really no downside to giving it a shot, as it currently stands he'd probably only stick with the team as a 4th/5th outfielder and that's IF he can keep it up at the plate. If he can do 3b that gives him a little more value either in trade or off the bench here.

I was joking about the is this a joke thing :)

But yeah, no harm in putting him there I guess even though he'd be a below average 3b both offensively and defensively, but that sound about right for the marlins

Yeah, & think about it this way.. with Yelich/Ozuna/Stanton/Ruggs/Marisnick, the chances of Chris Coghlan hanging around at 3b (or 2b) - even if that is a small chance - it's still probably much better than the chances of him sticking around in the outfield after this season.

Funny. I was saying this should happen a few days ago and everyone makes fun of me... I suggest Yelich needs to beef up cause he's an injury waiting to happenand I get made fun of and then he gets hurt the next day. Some of you call me a troll but ignore those facts.

Everybody else has been saying we should atleast try Cogs at third, Your not the first and only.

No joking, this is good news. Maybe not defense wise at 3B, but it keeps CC in the line up...also probably means he is with the team rerst of the season.

In other words, have a nice time on your new Team Dat Sexy Ruggz.

And why the hell do we all call Rugganio Sexy...the man is hitting below .240...

It's seriously amazing how a month ago none of us wanted him anywhere near a big league roster.

No joking, this is good news. Maybe not defense wise at 3B, but it keeps CC in the line up...also probably means he is with the team rerst of the season.

In other words, have a nice time on your new Team Dat Sexy Ruggz.

And why the hell do we all call Rugganio Sexy...the man is hitting below .240...

It's seriously amazing how a month ago none of us wanted him anywhere near a big league roster.

Well he was horrible and showed no signs of improvement. We were all thrilled when he came up and even after 2010 when he hurt his knee thinking he would be back to normal.

But I mean, even the Marlins wanted him gone. He looked like he just lost it.

Nothing happened to Cox, I'm sure we'll get a look at him sooner or later. If not late this season then early 2014. I just want to see if the bb improvement is a blip or not.

He's 24 and in AA. I wouldn't be too excited about his #s right now especially the utter lack of power (no HRs and only 5 doubles)

Nothing happened to Cox, I'm sure we'll get a look at him sooner or later. If not late this season then early 2014. I just want to see if the bb improvement is a blip or not.

He's 24 and in AA. I wouldn't be too excited about his #s right now especially the utter lack of power (no HRs and only 5 doubles)I would rather have coghlan then cox for now. If coghlan does not work out we can try cox but I see no reason to make room for a guy tearing up double a by taking a guy out of the lineup who is tearing up MLB. If coghlan fails t 3 rd base then we can take a look at cox.

I can see what they are trying to do. Too many outfielders, no one for 3rd. They are trying to balance things out. I'm cool with that. No harm in trying. Especially considering all of your big bats are in the outfield. You're more hesitant to sit one of the guys down instead of one of the infielders.

If Cox can hit around .300 at the mlb level without power, fine... better than the guys with no power barely hitting their weight

...then we shall call him "Donovan Jr." and shower him with our b&m's...

P.S. that's b&m's as opposed to bm's...I would much rather be showered with the former than the latter

If Cox can hit around .300 at the mlb level without power, fine... better than the guys with no power barely hitting their weight

...then we shall call him "Donovan Jr." and shower him with our b&m's...

P.S. that's b&m's as opposed to bm's...I would much rather be showered with the former than the latter

Well, the difference between Cox and Solano is that Cox should at least hit some doubles and walk a little... I think Solano is allergic to both of those things.

I'm totally cool with this move. And I understand some think it makes more sense to move Dietrich to third and Coghs to second, but why move two guys instead of just one? Not to mention Dietrich is a good second baseman and a below average third baseman, and Coghs is below average at either position. I'd rather have a good second baseman and a bad third baseman than a bad second baseman and a bad third baseman... lol