Dietrich's Ceiling

He's demonstrated plus power thus far, needs to bring average up, but should also probably still be in Jacksonville. I think he's in the 15-20 HR range for power and .270+ BA (fingers crossed)

Position is a question for him, with the Rays he was looked at him short and Jax played him some at third this year so he appears to have an above average arm and his fielding doesn't look to be a problem, just where do the Marlins project him to play? I like him at second but If Hechavarria can't cut it offensively than a position switch maybe needed.

He's demonstrated plus power thus far, needs to bring average up, but should also probably still be in Jacksonville. I think he's in the 15-20 HR range for power and .270+ BA (fingers crossed)

I'd take that from him for sure, especially considering once everyone is healthy and in the bigs he'll probably be a #7 hitter.

I don't know if we're ever going to see .280 from him over a full year. That might happen for one or two seasons if he has a very long career but I don't see that being the norm because he's such a free swinger. Granted some players will improve on that over the years but I think a .250-.260 avg with about 15hr's a year is what you'll see from him. Perhaps if you factor in his defense over Uggla's that would even the two players out as Deets clearly plays a better 2b than Uggla did but Uggla certainly had more power. Maybe Dietrich needs to start popping open some cans o' spinach as well.

To me he looks like a utility infield but if he has to play every day I don't expect him to be better then 230 to 250 average with maybe 10 home runs but that is about all. He will probably go to the bench or 3 rd base when Solano comes back. He has a little more power then Solano but Solano is a better player overall especially when factor in the defense.

To me he looks like a utility infield but if he has to play every day I don't expect him to be better then 230 to 250 average with maybe 10 home runs but that is about all. He will probably go to the bench or 3 rd base when Solano comes back. He has a little more power then Solano but Solano is a better player overall especially when factor in the defense.

Dietrich is better than Solano in every way possible and Solano will be on the bench when he returns.

ehe. Solano is awful defensively, cant hit, and has no power. Solano is a 0 tool player. As bad as the Marlins are, its a stretch to say that Solano even has enough talent to be a bench player on the worst team in 100 years. It was downright embarrassing that he was starting games for a major league team. He wouldnt even make the bench on the other 29 teams.

Dietrich is better than Solano in every way possible and Solano will be on the bench when he returns. You have your opinion and I have mine. I think that Dietrich has not done enough to take away the job from Solano. We are a better team with Solano getting 4 at bats every night at the top of the lineup. Dietrich has more power so he can pinch hit late in the game for the pitcher and hope he hits a dinger to tie the game. Dietrich is t that bad but I don't see him as a every day player.

Dietrich is better than Solano in every way possible and Solano will be on the bench when he returns.You have your opinion and I have mine. I think that Dietrich has not done enough to take away the job from Solano. We are a better team with Solano getting 4 at bats every night at the top of the lineup. Dietrich has more power so he can pinch hit late in the game for the pitcher and hope he hits a dinger to tie the game. Dietrich is t that bad but I don't see him as a every day player.

It's not really an opinion. Solano sucks both offensively and defensively. There's these little things called "stats" that support my position.

ehe. Solano is awful defensively, cant hit, and has no power. Solano is a 0 tool player. As bad as the Marlins are, its a stretch to say that Solano even has enough talent to be a bench player on the worst team in 100 years. It was downright embarrassing that he was starting games for a major league team. He wouldnt even make the bench on the other 29 teams.What you say here is redicilous. Solano hit almost 300 last year and his average was on the rise when he went on the DL. He has way more range then Dietrich and softer hands to. Solano makes errors sometimes because he try's to get everything and touches more balls then most other players because he has good range. His arm is as strong as Dietrich maybe stronger the only thing he doesn't do as good is hit home runs and his batting average makes up for it he isn't here to put the ball over the wall. When he comes off the DL I see diteich going to the bench and maybe even triple a if his average doesn't improve by the time coghlan comes back from DL.

ehe. Solano is awful defensively, cant hit, and has no power. Solano is a 0 tool player. As bad as the Marlins are, its a stretch to say that Solano even has enough talent to be a bench player on the worst team in 100 years. It was downright embarrassing that he was starting games for a major league team. He wouldnt even make the bench on the other 29 teams.What you say here is redicilous. Solano hit almost 300 last year and his average was on the rise when he went on the DL. He has way more range then Dietrich and softer hands to. Solano makes errors sometimes because he try's to get everything and touches more balls then most other players because he has good range. His arm is as strong as Dietrich maybe stronger the only thing he doesn't do as good is hit home runs and his batting average makes up for it he isn't here to put the ball over the wall. When he comes off the DL I see diteich going to the bench and maybe even triple a if his average doesn't improve by the time coghlan comes back from DL.

Bad players come up and hit all the time...until other teams see them a time or two. Solano was arguably the worst player in baseball for the first 25 games of the year, with an OPS around .540, its hard not to have your average on the rise when you are that terrible. Despite what you think, he has no range, and he has stone hands.

Solano was a bad player in minor league baseball. Against minor league pitching. He couldnt hit a lick. He got released by the St. Louis Cardinals as a minor leaguer, and at the time the Cardinals had among the weakest middle infield depth of any farm system in baseball(this was before the emergence of Kolton Wong and Carpenter was still a corner infielder).

Solano is a terrible baseball player in every single way.

Bad players come up and hit all the time...until other teams see them a time or two. Solano was arguably the worst player in baseball for the first 25 games of the year, with an OPS around .540, its hard not to have your average on the rise when you are that terrible. Despite what you think, he has no range, and he has stone hands.

Solano was a bad player in minor league baseball. Against minor league pitching. He couldnt hit a lick. He got released by the St. Louis Cardinals as a minor leaguer, and at the time the Cardinals had among the weakest middle infield depth of any farm system in baseball(this was before the emergence of Kolton Wong and Carpenter was still a corner infielder).

Solano is a terrible baseball player in every single way.

I guess we will have to wait and see. I hope Beinfest does the right thing and allows him to start when he returns because Dietrich has not done enough to take the job from him.