Marlins Sale Rumors

I don't know...In deals of this size there are always ups and downs and they always take a long time.  We seem to be in a down period.  But there are still 2 known bidders out there who would welcome news out there that Loria will need to lower the price.  Not saying that what is in the article isn't true, just that you have to consider where this info would come from and who would benefit.

Also, I'm sure Loria would want it known that he's willing to pull the team off the market.  I mean last week, Bloomberg says Loria needs to sell quickly and now this says he isn't a "forced" seller. 

Doesn't shock me that the price is dropping but I don't think "not selling" is one of the options. I think Loria wants out because he doesn't want to own a team anymore, not because he wants to make a profit. He'll make a profit regardless so that's not his primary intention with this sale. And I don't think this goes until next March, there are several interested parties. I doubt it takes that long. 

Doesn't shock me that the price is dropping but I don't think "not selling" is one of the options. I think Loria wants out because he doesn't want to own a team anymore, not because he wants to make a profit. He'll make a profit regardless so that's not his primary intention with this sale. And I don't think this goes until next March, there are several interested parties. I doubt it takes that long. 

I agree with you that it will not go until March 2018.  The problem I see is if it is true the team is losing money, the longer Loria keeps it the more it costs him.  Yes I know that most probably if he keeps it a year and loses another $40K he could possibly make it up in a price at $1.3B instead of $1B.  But if it is true the price should be around $850M or $875M and the team sits without any active buyers, the more likely the price will go down.  Even though a baseball team rarely goes on the market it doesn't mean that all the rules with length on the market goes out the window.  I would hazard to guess that the price won't go up the longer it stays on the market.  So Loria why does it matter whether you get $1.3B vs. $1B vs. .9B?  Who are you going to give it to?  It's not like you have an extended family.  Samson????? 

Price is going down because it's moronic to buy this team at that price given all the debt and liability that's on the books. 

Loria shouldn't have ran this franchise into the ground (literally)

Yeah it seems like investors are being scared away by the team's finances.

I still think the price is too high.  I agree that Stanton is staying.  He would be ABSOLUTELY stupid to leave that kind of money left in the agreement. 

But......who knows if some of this is fake news.  The story details seem to change daily.  Now a different person kind of interested and Ross never was.

I guess the truth will mostly come out when there is a sale.  At least the new owner names and how much of the FO is gone.

I still think the price is too high.  I agree that Stanton is staying.  He would be ABSOLUTELY stupid to leave that kind of money left in the agreement. 

But......who knows if some of this is fake news.  The story details seem to change daily.  Now a different person kind of interested and Ross never was.

I guess the truth will mostly come out when there is a sale.  At least the new owner names and how much of the FO is gone.

Unless he can make even similar or more elsewhere. That possibility never seems to be considered, that some team (LAA) might be willing to give him a similar contract to what's remaining on the current one.

Unless he can make even similar or more elsewhere. That possibility never seems to be considered, that some team (LAA) might be willing to give him a similar contract to what's remaining on the current one.

I've considered it.  I just don't think any team will do it.  He's too inconsistent for one AND he has a no trade clause.  After just buying a 3 floor penthouse and with guarantee money coming in, I don't think he is going to move.  Stanton stated he likes it better in Miami then the west coast.  So it's my opinion he isn't leaving.

I've considered it.  I just don't think any team will do it.  He's too inconsistent for one AND he has a no trade clause.  After just buying a 3 floor penthouse and with guarantee money coming in, I don't think he is going to move.  Stanton stated he likes it better in Miami then the west coast.  So it's my opinion he isn't leaving.

I agree. The contract is deserved by at least Miami too. At least as potential legal proof that a "competitive team" was furnished for the stadium.

This is just part of negotiating. Loria was never going to set the asking price to what the team is actually worth and will sell for. You don't do that. I'm sure we'll see a story soon that says one or both of the bidders has submitted a formal offer for much less than asking price. 

It's all blah blah blah until it actually happens.

Sucks for Loria he wasn't able to get the ballpark built downtown. Imagine the real estate value alone.  

• 2 weeks later...