Marlins Sale Rumors

I interpreted Bush's comments as that the Marlins are going to have to be run smarter and build a team that can be good long term....and I agree.  Throwing money around doesn't fix everything.  For long term success, they need to fix their minor league system and that takes patience.  I'm all for investing money into the draft and International markets first before going and handing out big contracts to Free Agents.  I don't think the Marlins need a total tear down like the Astros did after they changed owners, but they do need to change how they operate...which under Loria is basically do whatever the owner decides when he wakes up that day.  

Throwing money around isn't supposed to fix everything- it's supposed to supplement everything. Need a catcher, OF and a SP- get one and see what you need at the deadline. See 2003. Pudge, Hollandsworth, and Urbina and Conine 

Need everything? Blow it up and rebuild.

See 2012. 

I like how Jeb Bush is all of a sudden knowledgeable within the industry. Buy the team and let Jeter handle the baseball stuff 

His family knows how to run a Business and a franchise. Oh, and a nation. 

Maybe not well, but he's more qualified than the jackass we have now. You decide if I mean the team or the country. 

(for the record I'm grateful loria owned this team while he as, he's done a lot to keep it here). 

Now it's getting interesting.  According to Dave Hyde of the Sun Sentinel, the Romney group has submitted a larger bid than the Bush/Jeter group.  Perhaps explaining the Rothbaum news.  His column includes a new quote from Manfred:

“We have two very strong groups that we believe will have sufficient financial resources to complete the sale and run the team effectively,’’ baseball commissioner Rob Manfred said Tuesday in a statement to the Sun Sentinel. 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-marlins/fl-sp-hyde-marlins-sale-2170502-story.html

Now it's getting interesting.  According to Dave Hyde of the Sun Sentinel, the Romney group has submitted a larger bid than the Bush/Jeter group.  Perhaps explaining the Rothbaum news.  His column includes a new quote from Manfred:

“We have two very strong groups that we believe will have sufficient financial resources to complete the sale and run the team effectively,’’ baseball commissioner Rob Manfred said Tuesday in a statement to the Sun Sentinel. 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-marlins/fl-sp-hyde-marlins-sale-2170502-story.html

Where is the Rothbaum news?  Link??

I honestly have no clue who I'd prefer because all of these guys have stigmas attached to their names but not a single one of us has any clue who would actually do the best job at owning this team. You might like Jeter but maybe he's shit at baseball operations. You might think Jeb Bush ruined the state of Florida but maybe he hires the proper baseball people and makes a perennial contender. And it's the same for everyone person involved in this thing.

Is it possible new ownership has a fire sale? 

To be honest I think they're going to have to, considering a lot of money is tied up with Stanton, and this team has very little pitching and arguably the worst farm in the game. So either they add for another run at the playoffs, or rebuild.

The new ownership group isn't going to fire sale. Get real people.

Jeb won't spend big because he can't spend big. He's likely going to limp into franchise ownership. This isn't Robert Kraft buying the team. It's low energy Jeb Bush. Dude is worth less than 22 million bucks. If he wants to win, it's going to be in a style closer to Loria's than ownerships with money.

Basically, get ready for Loria 2.0. Likely an improvement over the worst owner in all of sports, but not enough to get anyone panties wet. 

Jeb Bush isn't the money behind the deal, so his net worth is irrelevant.  I don't believe that MLB would allow another ownership group here that isn't prepared to spend what is necessary to run a team properly.  Manfred has said as much. The other owners don't want to be supporting this franchise any more.     

I don't believe that MLB would allow another ownership group here that isn't prepared to spend what is necessary to run a team properly.  Manfred has said as much. The other owners don't want to be supporting this franchise any more.  

But this can be interpreted in many ways because aren't the Marlins 17th in payroll this year? The Marlins do spend enough to "run a team properly." The owners can't complain too much about having to support the team when their are 13 teams with a lower payroll.