Marcell Ozuna Traded to the Cardinals

knglover

I'm not so sure.  

If Sandy was the centerpiece, Bader is considered to be equal if not better quality prospects in some circles.

we'll see, but i think it makes all the sense in the world that instead of grabbing flaherty and a lower ranked of they decided to go with the potential that they might see in alcantara and a higher rated OF in bader.

Basically said they wanted to keep Stanton but he didn’t want to be here. And that all this is necessary to start over and do it the right way. All the while with a huge shit eating grin on his face that really makes me want to vomit. 

well he's right about the doing the right way thing. but id really love to see him no longer here.

Basically said they wanted to keep Stanton but he didn’t want to be here. And that all this is necessary to start over and do it the right way. All the while with a huge shit eating grin on his face that really makes me want to vomit. 

I think he was only half lying.  Both parties didn't want to continue the relationship.

or (I'm going out on a limb here) Hill and Jeter genuinely believe these are good moves. And Denbo (the all knowing scout) agrees with these moves. They believe they have a financial crisis and an organizational crisis and the best way to remedy these problems is to trade all older players for prospects.  And they could care less what the rest of the league does until they are in a position to win for a long time.

yesh but once these assets are gone, then they have to draft EXCEPTIONALLY for the 3 drafts, or this "rebuild" will take longer & without Hill, Denbo or Jeter....and possibly totally new owners, but it will still be bleeding money - they will have to sign some FA's and those always cosy an arm & a leg. 

Agree.  Denbo provides some hope that there is some competency in the decision making process.  That’s only one component though. We need people that can negotiate and well...what can I tell you 

I think the scouting overhaul is more important than Hill being gone. Our drafting has been beyond bad.

This is very troubling. A rebuild is fine, but only if it's handled by competent people. Losing our current stars for lackluster returns is definitely the worst of both worlds

It's going to perpetuate the misery for those that follow the team....an owner that is cash poor, a front office that can't handle trades for value, and in Hill a guy that has not shown even the competence better than throwing darts at a board in his drafts. The way they are headed it seems this will be more of a 2023/2024 time frame for any decent competitive team to emerge. And Fish20 you said the target date was 2020.....yeah right..... :4_joy:

It's going to perpetuate the misery for those that follow the team....an owner that is cash poor, a front office that can't handle trades for value, and in Hill a guy that has not shown even the competence better than throwing darts at a board in his drafts. The way they are headed it seems this will be more of a 2023/2024 time frame for any decent competitive team to emerge. And Fish20 you said the target date was 2020.....yeah right..... :4_joy:

I said 2020 is when you should start seeing progress following 2 years of being terrible with 2021 being a year in which playoffs should be the goal.  

We have to hope that Michael Hill is secretly good at his job and that Loria was wrecking all his hard work all along and pushing bad moves into his desk. 

I think that did happen but I also don’t think Hill should still be here 

I think you're smoking mcCRACKen!

Lol Couldn't help myself.  Just messing with you.

Hill is only here to be the scapegoat. He will be gone soon enough.

From 

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/cardinals-trade-for-new-best-position-player/

“If Alcantara does indeed turn out to be the key guy, his stock has fallen. Before this past season, Eric Longenhagen ranked him third in the Cardinals’ system, and now he ranks fifth. Alcantara’s strikeouts went backwards, and he’s still showing inconsistent control of his big-time fastball. Because Alcantara has yet to make more of his peak velocity, there are real concerns he ends up in the bullpen. All of his major-league appearances with the Cardinals were made as a reliever. The Marlins, presumably, will let him keep starting. He instantly becomes a jewel in their own system, as the organization hopes he learns where his fastball is going.”

not exciting as a centerpiece