New Logo Coming

Bazen

That thing is below the top of the bill.  An eye would be above the bill. The location is key. The thing is the inside of the open mouth. In the image below I added a pink dot where the eye would be if it was visible. Compare the shape and placements. If this doesn't clear it up you need new glasses...

[ATTACH]2333[/ATTACH]

It does thank you

Didn't think this needed a new thread but... the same day the Marlins start teasing their new color scheme MLB.com puts up a video of Don Mattingly preparing the MLB team for that All Star series in Japan and he's wearing: THE RED ORANGE CAP! This is the first time the cap has been seen since early 2014 and there's a couple things worth pointing out. Even though it hasn't been worn in almost four and a half years it's clearly a newer version as it has the New Era logo on the side and it has the smaller sized M which they began using in the spring of 2018. Very weird that these caps were produced considering the team had no intention of ever wearing them. Of note in the video JT Realmuto and coach Fredi Gonzalez are also seen wearing them. I wish I knew why this suddenly happened... maybe they decided to just wear them one last time knowing this is the last time those logos will ever be used?

[ATTACH]2340[/ATTACH]

why u act so surprised? Marlins haven't officially retired the orange cap. Both black and Orange were produced for with  the ASG patch and the smaller M versions.Same happens with the all purple Rockies and hanging Boston socks, not officially retired from their set but they don't wear them

When a team perpetually sucks as this one does, periodic logo and uniform changes are par for the course. Bring back Lomo so I can wear with pride my blazing orange Marlins Lomo tee shirt again.

Changing the uniform and logo has nothing to do with the losing.  They changed in 2012 because of the new stadium and name change. They are changing in 2019 due to the new ownership. Both of these are standard times to refresh branding unless you’re a classic team like the Yankees or dodgers.

The Diamondbacks changed their look 3 times already haven’t they. And they’ve had success relatively close to the changes. 

Yep, they're one of the teams I had in mind. Also in the 90s the Brewers went through 3 different looks. It's not uncommon for teams to change looks. One can't just look at the Yankees and think every team has to go 40 years without a uniform change. Also, it has to be said that the intent for the current ownership is to make this rebrand the final one aka the permanent one. 

The 2012-2018 design lasted seven seasons. I can think of several teams who have had logo changes in less time than that. They're obviously not a team like the Yankees Cardinals or Dodgers but they haven't changed their stuff as often as you would think. 

The 1993 set lasted 10 seasons, the 2003 set lasted 9 seasons, the 2012 lasted 7 seasons.

By Comparison, in that time frame the NY Mets have changed jersey styles four times by my count.

The Padres have a dozen times I think (Logos and Colores) <----see what I did there?

The Jays have changed 5 times (Logos, jerseys and colours) <----see what I did there?

The Diamondbacks with a 5 year delay have changed 3 times.

It's just sports branding these days. Teams don't want to get pigeonholed into a color scheme or look because you will never make money selling new merchandise if it looks the same as the old stuff.

The Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals and Cubs all feed off nostalgia and that drives their gate and merchandising sales. Teams like ourselves only see a spike when it's cool and new and different, like when we opened the park and the Orange was the number one selling hat in MLB for a few years.

This change will bring in more revenue for the new owners, but most importantly it'll show the community that its a new ownership group.

Hopefully they get their crap together so it's cool to wear the stuff because they're a winner, not just because it looks cool.

I was surprised when I found out that Baseball uniforms can stay the same for years on end. Over here in Britain teams used to alternate which shirt they changed, one season would be the home shirt and the next season would be the away. Nowadays teams change up to 4 shirts a year.  All about money. 

Hopefully they get their crap together so it's cool to wear the stuff because they're a winner, not just because it looks cool.

And hopefully that leads to longterm stability with this rebrand too. And can u please post that whole post in the sportslogos forum too because it needs to be said more.

I was surprised when I found out that Baseball uniforms can stay the same for years on end. Over here in Britain teams used to alternate which shirt they changed, one season would be the home shirt and the next season would be the away. Nowadays teams change up to 4 shirts a year.  All about money. 

They really have it figured out.  The fans are trained to buy new shirts every year.  But it bears mentioning that Home kits follow a basic set of principles for each club (Liverpool red, Chelsea blue, Newcastle stripes, Arsenal red w white sleeves etc) but the change kit can vary wildly.  I think MLBs version of that is the BP hats and jerseys but it isn’t a consumer phenomenon the way kit buying in Europe is. If MLB went back to a double knit buttonless pullover like in the 80s then maybe it would take on more of a T shirt feel and that could become a thing.  But probably not