2021 Florida Panthers Thread

Erick

It's been years since I watched the Panthers play.. I actually used to be a pretty big Panthers fan when I was a teenager, and tried to catch a couple games a week on FSFlorida back in the day, but that was back during the first tenure of Roberto Luongo on the Panthers before he went to the Canucks, so quite a few years back.

30 minutes ago, fanofthefish said:

Queenville has the team going in the right direction, they should  make the playoffs in this years division which is kinda weak other than Tampa Bay,  not sure how they'd be doing if they were playing Boston and Toronto on the regular instead of Detroit and Chicago 

Carolina would like a word with you 

54 minutes ago, fanofthefish said:

Queenville has the team going in the right direction, they should  make the playoffs in this years division which is kinda weak other than Tampa Bay,  not sure how they'd be doing if they were playing Boston and Toronto on the regular instead of Detroit and Chicago 

Carolina and Dallas are in the division.

31 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Have you tried sitting down to watch it?

Many times. Same issue I have with soccer, running back and forth for 3 hours just to have the game end in a tie. I know there’s been some changes in one of those two sports as far as ties go so maybe that’s not the case anymore. But it’s just not something I’m interested in. I respect them cause they’re very difficult sports, but just not for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, marlinsmaniac said:

Many times. Same issue I have with soccer, running back and forth for 3 hours just to have the game end in a tie. I know there’s been some changes in one of those two sports as far as ties go so maybe that’s not the case anymore. But it’s just not something I’m interested in. I respect them cause they’re very difficult sports, but just not for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hockey doesn’t have ties anymore.

29 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Oh yeah, if I have any complaint about soccer and hockey this is definitely it so yea I see where you are coming from.

I always remember and old but simple joke about soccer that says "I watched the soccer game last night, I almost saw a goal!" I'm sure it's fun to play but that sums it up for me as far as watching it as fan.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Oh yeah, if I have any complaint about soccer and hockey this is definitely it so yea I see where you are coming from.

I always remember and old but simple joke about soccer that says "I watched the soccer game last night, I almost saw a goal!" I'm sure it's fun to play but that sums it up for me as far as watching it as fan.

Yeah definitely. And it’s ironic cause people who don’t understand baseball call it boring too lol but those of us who get it know that even if “nothing happens”, something happened lol

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Soccer is fun to play for sure (at least I like it), but I too have a tougher time watching, especially if I have no vested interest in one of the teams playing.  I did watch a lot of the Inter Miami games this past year, though.......but seeing as that's now our local team, I had an interest in seeing the team play/win.

33 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I love hockey in person, so much fun. I just can't enjoy it on TV for some reason.

I think this is kinda where I'm at with it.  And I just don't think about tuning in to watch the Panthers even if I do enjoy watching a game.  Do they even show all of the games on TV?

3 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

Carolina would like a word with you 

Has anyone ever noticed that there are teams called Carolina Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes and Florida Panthers and Miami Hurricanes.

Carolina are such copycats.. And yes I checked.. the Florida teams with those names have been around longer..

Actually, if anyone is old enough to remember, the Carolina Hurricanes used to be the "Hartford Whalers" before 1997. I used to always pick the Hartford Whalers on the NHL '96 game on Sega Genesis, just because they had Chris Pronger at that time. 😂

• Like 2