5/21 Post Game Thread

TaiwanAstros

The bullpen management was bad enough but this shitty offense just made it worse...

Heading into June are we still gonna have these bullpen starts?

If you want to make playoffs then you need to win these kind of games... you find a way to win, especially the damn offense in the 10th and 11th innings....

They really need to revamp this line-up... Really tired of seeing Leon / Wallach / Sierra / Berti getting lots of at-bats.... Call up Jesus and just get rid of DIckerson, I don't care if we get any value for him or not... Hell, give Navaretto a shot, too...

Nice to see some walks tonight but what is this "swing at 3 and 0" shit?

Edited by CyggyMarlin

This one is tough to get really upset with because it was a dogfight and we did score 5 runs so I mean we pitched well and we scored runs. It ended up being a battle of attrition and we just came up short. It's an annoying loss more than anything else.

With that said, fuck these bullpen games. This was basically the worst case scenario with these things. Pablo pretty much needs to get into the 8th inning tomorrow. If he scuffles then too bad he's gonna have to wear it for multiple innings.

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

This one is tough to get really upset with because it was a dogfight and we did score 5 runs so I mean we pitched well and we scored runs. It ended up being a battle of attrition and we just came up short. It's an annoying loss more than anything else.

With that said, fuck these bullpen games. This was basically the worst case scenario with these things. Pablo pretty much needs to get into the 8th inning tomorrow. If he scuffles then too bad he's gonna have to wear it for multiple innings.

Most of our bullpen guys will be available again tomorrow. A lot of them didn’t throw that many pitches, Don just overmanaged.

Pablo needs to do what he normally does, hopefully give 6 good innings or so.

The Mets are having a bullpen game tomorrow, as well.

3 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

The bullpen management was bad enough but this shitty offense just made it worse...

Heading into June are we still gonna have these bullpen starts?

If you want to make playoffs then you need to win these kind of games... you find a way to win, especially the damn offense in the 10th and 11th innings....

They really need to revamp this line-up... Really tired of seeing Leon / Wallach / Sierra / Berti getting lots of at-bats.... Call up Jesus and just get rid of DIckerson, I don't care if we get any value for him or not... Hell, give Navaretto a shot, too...

Nice to see some walks tonight but what is this "swing at 3 and 0" shit?

Haven’t really seen any situational hitting this year. A lot of stranded RISP and high SO gms, 18 Ks tonight. 

47 minutes ago, Erick said:

Had we tied the game, I believe Chad Wallach was getting ready to pitch the 13th inning lol.

That's what I said in the 3rd or 4th inning - if Don takes this new pitcher per inning, they'd be screwed in extras.

This was one of the worst managed games in a career full of bad ones by Don Mattingly. Yes, the offense should have delivered with their many opportunities. But the bottom line is that while players need to execute, managers need to put their players in positions to do so. Mattingly actively put players in positions to fail and did not allow them to get into positions to succeed. 

This was the kind of performance that is used in court when an employee files a wrongful termination lawsuit. The judge/arbiter sees this game and says, "yeah, no, that makes sense. Actually, how did you even have this job as long as you did?"

• Banana 1

8 hours ago, Erick said:

Offense lost the game, not the bullpen.

Don could’ve extended the game more by letting certain pitchers pitch more than 1 inning, but, at the end of the day, the problem is the offense.

@Das Texan’s, Corey Dickerson, ruined all the momentum we were building in the last inning.

Not my guy.  Just I'd take him over Duvall.  

Come on guy.

52 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

This is what happens when you refuse to open the budget to get a veteran arm or two in the offseason.

Squarely on Jeter, since so many of the young prospects simply are not ready yet.

This.

And when everyone is satisfied that they are "growing" then you give a front office permission to field mediocrity. 

It's the same sh-- with more caliente red.

Enough of the excuses...Jazz is back, they have starting pitching, Coop and Andy are starting to hit...they need to go and win this series.

29 minutes ago, hovertical said:

To change topics from bringing up prospects to bolster the offense - any Marte-esque bats possibly available via trade this season? I.e. guys who just aren't a rental for a run that would blend well on the team

Not many at the position we actually need.

WE NEED A CATCHER

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Erick said:

Not many at the position we actually need.

WE NEED A CATCHER

Still is mind boggling they didn't even try for Realmuto. Like to give an effort and lose is one thing, but there were zero reports they even tried. Catcher was a clear missing piece for the team and he was available without giving up any prospects.

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Still is mind boggling they didn't even try for Realmuto. Like to give an effort and lose is one thing, but there were zero reports they even tried. Catcher was a clear missing piece for the team and he was available without giving up any prospects.

You feel the same way I do? That they should have easily beaten what he ended up getting? I mean I understand that there's a chance JT refused to play here but I think ultimately money talks and they should have been able to easily beat what he got and I don't think he would've turned it down since this is his job and most players tend to follow the money. 

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.