7/11 Postgame

Admin

3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Don’t forget Cabrera 

Max Meyer and Jake Eder say hey, too.

Cpngrats to Pablo, that’s just fantastic. Lots of people here wanted to trade him in 2019, feeling like selling high was good. He seems only to have improved. I’ve always loved his stuff.

Maybe Thomspon should become a late innings guy if his swing-and-miss is legit.

I'm still not opposed to moving Pablo. He would garner a very nice offensive couple of pieces in return assuming they didn't just ask for some toolsy guy in A ball that is years away. Marlins have more starting pitching waiting to be called up and it's clear they ain't gonna do much this year in terms of competing. I'm not saying I want him traded but I really wouldn't be heartbroken if they did.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I'm still not opposed to moving Pablo. He would garner a very nice offensive couple of pieces in return assuming they didn't just ask for some toolsy guy in A ball that is years away. Marlins have more starting pitching waiting to be called up and it's clear they ain't gonna do much this year in terms of competing. I'm not saying I want him traded but I really wouldn't be heartbroken if they did.

Trading from an area of surplus is certainly always the best way to do it, but it would have to take a pretty special bat in return for me to consider moving Pablo.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Valid said:

Trading from an area of surplus is certainly always the best way to do it, but it would have to take a pretty special bat in return for me to consider moving Pablo.

Agreed here.  It'd have to be a surefire bat for that to happen.....not a Brinson.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Michael said:

Call the Jays in two weeks if they're still in it and see if we can steal Austin Martin.

I would want someone who is already established in the bigs, to be honest. Not really into trading Pablo for a prospect regardless of how good of a prospect it is.

Edited by Valid
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 11:34 AM, hovertical said:

Pablo has pitched very well, but with all the young guns coming up at some point from the farm, it just seems like he could be the odd man out.. not a bad problem to have

3 hours ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Pablo has pitched very well, but with all the young guns coming up at some point from the farm, it just seems like he could be the odd man out.. not a bad problem to have

Bingo. And yeah, he would be the premier get at the deadline for a contending team. Would bring back a ridiculous haul.

He'd bring back a high quality haul, but I wouldn't be comfortable moving Pablo. I love Pablo and he can be a cornerstone of this rotation for a while. He's a proven quality starter, and for as promising as Sixto, Cabrera, Meyer, etc. are, they're all projection at this point. I'd have to see a couple of them establish themselves as quality starters like Pablo has before I'd feel comfortable moving Pablo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I prefer to keep Pablo and move Sandy. For some reason, as much as he's done well, I just don't fully trust Sandy yet.

8 minutes ago, mystikol87 said:

I prefer to keep Pablo and move Sandy. For some reason, as much as he's done well, I just don't fully trust Sandy yet.

I think they're very comparable at least. I think we'd get more for Sandy so if I had to choose one I'd move him. Both good pitchers though and very happy to have both on my team.

12 minutes ago, FishFry said:

Besides the 2 dodger games, Sandy would probably be at a 2.00 ERA this year.  We know he tipped his pitches the first game and they seemed to know what was coming later in the 2nd game. 

They steal signs and cheat, is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1