Hot Stove (2021-2022 offseason)

Perhaps annoyingly at this point, they do still have a path to make this concern go away - or at least a degree of it, but it's getting more and more difficult, as 1) pieces are coming off the board, and 2) it'll now require dishing out REAL money

It'd require:

-Trade for CF (Reynolds, Marsh, etc)

-Sign Correa.

-??? (BP addition?)

- Vet starter for the inevitable injuries (who's still out there?)

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

Perhaps annoyingly at this point, they do still have a path to make this concern go away - or at least a degree of it, but it's getting more and more difficult, as 1) pieces are coming off the board, and 2) it'll now require dishing out REAL money

It'd require:

-Trade for CF (Reynolds, Marsh, etc)

-Sign Correa.

-??? (BP addition?)

- Vet starter for the inevitable injuries (who's still out there?)

How the fuck would they sign Correa when they couldn't afford Castellanos? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

How the fuck would they sign Correa when they couldn't afford Castellanos? 

I'm just saying that's what they'd have to do at this point to salvage this offseason, not that they're going to do it.

At this point, we're unlikely to do anything and just get the usual "the team is good as-is, didn't need more upgrades" line as an excuse to not spend.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Michael said:

Why do people keep forgetting the Nats signed Nelson Cruz?

I'm not.

I was just mentioning the teams that are ahead of the Marlins in the pecking order.

The Nationals are getting closer to the Marlins than the Marlins are getting closer to the Mets, Phillies or Braves.

9 minutes ago, UnitFox said:

Why are you guys crying over castellano? We have decent RF and LF(Sánchez, De la Cruz, Lewin). Not like he was going to propel us to a World Series. We need to level up in CF. Reynolds would be a much better target. 

Because they’re not doing anything, and there’s no indication they’re doing anything aside from “monitoring”

marlins are the official hall monitors of MLB that don’t actually do anything.

furthermore, it’s also the contract value - 5/100.  And we wouldn’t match THAT, which as far as baseball contracts isn’t much.   It’s an indication that they won’t be able to extend much money to ANYONE -whether the player is a perfect fit or not.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Pack it in boys. 

https://dodgerblue.com/mlb-teams-receive-at-least-100-million-annually-from-tv-rights-contracts/2022/02/12/amp/

every team is reportedly getting 60M from national TV deals.  BEFORE  you include local TV deals and naming rights deals.they’re likely making 100M BEFORE accounting for any gate revenue.

absolute BS that they can’t afford a higher payroll.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I know I said I'd give them until Opening Day, but why bother now?  Anyone else just feel completely disgusted?

Agreed.

like I said above, there’s only about one path for them to make this right, and I don’t see that happening if we can’t dole out a 100M contract.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1