2023/24 Off-Season

1 hour ago, pollythewog said:

That’s kind of where I’m at I’m so used to them not doing anything I’m just like 🤷‍♀️. At least @TaiwanMarlinsstill cares tho

I agree. I would put @TaiwanMarlins at the level of fanatic. Lives and breathes Marlins 24/7. But hey out of the 16 we need at least one at that level. So personally I’m glad to have someone of your level of fandom on board @TaiwanMarlins ! Just keep on supporting the Marlins in whatever way makes you feel inspired! 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SirFishFan said:

I agree. I would put @TaiwanMarlins at the level of fanatic. Lives and breathes Marlins 24/7. But hey out of the 16 we need at least one at that level. So personally I’m glad to have someone of your level of fandom on board @TaiwanMarlins ! Just keep on supporting the Marlins in whatever way makes you feel inspired! 

Banned.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TaiwanMarlins said:

Because enough is enough. 

I'm going to be brutally honest: if you are an adult and you take sports this seriously, then perhaps enough is enough for you.

• Like 1
  • Banana 1

8 hours ago, 1stinlineMarlinsGuy said:

Does anyone know what the current situation is with Bryan DLC? What his current contract is and if he will be returning in the 2024 season?

Yes he will be returning unless they decide to trade him. He is not arbitration eligible til 2025 so his contract is auto renewed.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 7:23 PM, Das Texan said:

Fans need to be like Das more.

Say its the last straw and then act on it.

See Ya Adele GIF by E!

On 1/12/2024 at 11:02 PM, TaiwanMarlins said:

Wrong, I'm a Marlins fan so I'm rooting for the GOOD Marlins players, did Chen GOOD ?

Yes, the Marlins did Chen good - they gave him $80M to be terrible.

On 1/13/2024 at 12:08 AM, TaiwanMarlins said:

Look at that, I agree with Joe for once...

On 1/13/2024 at 11:25 AM, pollythewog said:

One thing on lizard, the analytics nerds say once his fastball dips below 97 he becomes very hittable it’s not a great fastball. 

Since no pitcher ever got better...

On 1/13/2024 at 11:44 PM, flsportsfan83 said:

Jazz is glass 

Samuel L Jackson Villain GIF by Glass

9 hours ago, TaiwanMarlins said:

I believe I'm not as crazy as the most sports fans in the America, right ?

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

People really need to let the Chen signing go.  It WAS a GOOD attempt at signing one of the best FA pitching options available that offseason.  For some reason - he just sucked when he came here (like nearly every significant FA signing we've made over the last 15 years or so it seems).  He was literally one of the top arms available that offseason. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hovertical said:

People really need to let the Chen signing go.  It WAS a GOOD attempt at signing one of the best FA pitching options available that offseason.  For some reason - he just sucked when he came here (like nearly every significant FA signing we've made over the last 15 years or so it seems).  He was literally one of the top arms available that offseason. 

I miss Jeffrey Loria.

Yeah, I said it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

I just poked at it because it was brought up.

I agree that I liked the signing at the time - he was good in Baltimore, crazy how he just sucked here.

10 hours ago, Admin said:

Yes he will be returning unless they decide to trade him. He is not arbitration eligible til 2025 so his contract is auto renewed.

They could technically non tender a contract to him as well.  Would be stupid given his cheap salary but still it COULD happen

3 hours ago, Admin said:

I miss Jeffrey Loria.

Yeah, I said it.

Jeff would have signed at least 1 free agent already this winter season.  They may have been idiotically stupid decisions, but he would have at least tried to seize upon the momentum of winning last year.