Miguel Cabrera

Lefty

Cabrera had three strike outs in the games. Lately he has not been too clutch.

Perhaps I'm watching a different Miggy? :blink: He went into the game yesterday batting .390 w/ RISP & over .400 w/ 2-out & RISP. He was 2-2 w/ RISP in Monday's game, & 1-1 w/ RISP on Sunday (the only guy who got a hit with RISP). May I also add that he's 2nd in the NL in BA after the 6th inning (.370), and batting .364 in late and close games. He's had tons of clutch hits this year, he was facing Billy Wagner, and yes, doesn't help to have Abercrombie batting behind you. The kid can't do it all the time.

Cabrera had three strike outs in the games. Lately he has not been too clutch.

Perhaps I'm watching a different Miggy? :blink: He went into the game yesterday batting .390 w/ RISP & over .400 w/ 2-out & RISP. He was 2-2 w/ RISP in Monday's game, & 1-1 w/ RISP on Sunday (the only guy who got a hit with RISP). May I also add that he's 2nd in the NL in BA after the 6th inning (.370), and batting .364 in late and close games. He's had tons of clutch hits this year, he was facing Billy Wagner, and yes, doesn't help to have Abercrombie batting behind you. The kid can't do it all the time.

shhh dont tell him that, it is logical.

:blink:

Instead lets blast him for one game, like the typical south florida reaction :)

If the bullpen holds the 4-0 lead then this thread never exists.

I agree. It all started with JJ's arm (stiff). If he would have gone another inning or two Tank would have came in the game in the 8th and then JoBo in the 9th. But our bullpen blew it. There is NOBODY in the pen that we can trust. I dont blame Joe for keeping our best reliever in to win. Every game is needed. Also I blame the offense for not scoring more runs. With a team like the Mets you cant just stop scoring in the 3rd. You need to add a run or two here and there. I bet ya if the game was 6-0 we probably would have won it easily.

If Im not mistaken, I think the purpose of the thread is not bash Cabs but to point out that he's feeling the playoff pressure.

Unlike 03' he feels he has to lead the charge to the postseason this time and its causing him to put pressure on himself.

Again, this is highly speculative, but there may be some truth to it.

If Im not mistaken, I think the purpose of the thread is not bash Cabs but to point out that he's feeling the playoff pressure.

Unlike 03' he feels he has to lead the charge to the postseason this time and its causing him to put pressure on himself.

Again, this is highly speculative, but there may be some truth to it.

This is probably true, but it was one game! It's not like he's been making a habit of not coming through.

Just to note: Ryan Howard's batting something like .240 w/ RISP.