Stanton out of ASG, surgery Sunday

So Bryce Harper deserves it but Rugs doesn't?

Bryce Harper has 3x as many plate appearances, so please stop that.

^

Maybe we can get Lenny Harris to throw out the first pitch. Lenny could be our rep.

I would bet that Lenny Harris could come off our bench TODAY and be a better hitter than some of the crap players they have trotted out there this year.

Yeah, I don;t have much faith left i season now. 41-43..either go in AS Break at 42-43 or 41-44. Ummmm...err....we see I guess.

That means this team probably needs to go at least 48-29 in the 2nd half.

And you will be missing Stanton for about 25-30 of those games.

Good luck......

Face it, this season is basically over.

I'd say there were not too many better players to throw money at then Reyes, Buehrle and Bell this offseason. The ones that were, the FO tried to get. Buehrle has been typical Mark Buehrle and has taken to NL baseball rather well for his first year. Reyes has been good for years while injury prone in the past. Reyes will be fine and it wouldn't be the first time that a player signed a huge contract and been below par, the media circus that's gone on off the field probably hasnt helped. Bell is the only contract I would say was bewildering but while he has been slowly declining over the years no one figured he would be this bad.

The 03 team had some legit bats who weren't underperforming the whole year. Over the course of half a season, the 2012 team has one player with an OPS over .800 and now he's hurt.

In 03 one player wasn't carrying the offense. That's not the case here.

I'm really hoping this is more like a 3 week thing rather than 4-6 but well see.

And the fact that Bryce Harper is an all star is f***ing pathetic. Now I know he's in the AL, but when guys like Bryce Harper make it and Edwin Encarnacion doesn't it just shows how full of shit being an all star can be. Like I said before, Jim thome had a 52 home run season and wasn't an all star.

Look at Mike Lowell's stats before he got injured. He was on an MVP pace iirc. That was a big, big loss.

The difference between that situation and this situation is that our backup plan for Lowell was Cabrera. Bonifacio's a decent enough replacement, but the difference going from Lowell to Cabrera and Stanton to Bonifacio is vast.

In 2003, we had a pretty good month without Lowell. Just sayin'.

Mike Stanton > Mike Lowell and you know it.

Mike Lowell had an .882 OPS while playing gold-glove level defense at third.

Giancarlo Stanton has a .915 OPS while playing decidedly not gold-glove level defense in right field.

And you know it.

I'm really hoping this is more like a 3 week thing rather than 4-6 but well see.

And the fact that Bryce Harper is an all star is f***ing pathetic. Now I know he's in the AL, but when guys like Bryce Harper make it and Edwin Encarnacion doesn't it just shows how full of shit being an all star can be. Like I said before, Jim thome had a 52 home run season and wasn't an all star.

:wee BAAAAAAAAAAA, HE'S IN THE NL, HE PLAYS IN OUR DIVISION, HE PLAYS FOR WASHINGTON!!!!!! ERROR!!!!!!!!! BAAAAAAAA!

:wee :pcguy :wee

Basically our only hope is that those that are under-performing (Hanley, Reyes, BELL, etc) stop sucking in the second half.

Yep. Hopefully both Reyes and Hanley can put together a solid 2nd half after the AS break. Hanley's .246 avg is unacceptable with or without Stanton. and I love Reyes and he is so valuable with his glove/speed but honestly he should be hitting near .300 too.

I know he can't replace Stanton's power but the addition of Lee now looks huge. LoMo and Rugg can fill the 4 and 5 spots just fine. Boni gives us more options too with the line up and such once he's back...but

..Like it or not, the success of this team still all comes back to Hanley Ramirez.

Stanton's numbers in May and Marlins record in May aren't a coincidence.

There isn't enough on the active roster to make up for the loss.

Well it would be Hanley if he was playing up to potential. So frustrating that he isn't.

There's that word again, associated with Hanley - POTENTIAL.

Well here's his chance. All those Hanley slurppers, he can really step up and prove to you your loyalty to him. His big fat chance.

I don't think he'll do it, but maybe he proves me wrong.

"Slurp" my ass. I just want us to win ball games. Since he is here with the team I want him to play better. If we were winning I wouldn't care as much. It's about the team, not about him.

:wee BAAAAAAAAAAA, HE'S IN THE NL, HE PLAYS IN OUR DIVISION, HE PLAYS FOR WASHINGTON!!!!!! ERROR!!!!!!!!! BAAAAAAAA!

He might have been referring to Edwin Encarcion

lol he was talking about E.E

Joe Frisaro �@JoeFrisaro

#Marlins announce Stanton underwent successful knee surgery, 4-6 weeks recovery.

clarkspencer �@clarkspencer

Giancarlo Stanton underwent successful surgery this morning to remove loose bodies in his right knee. Expected to be out 4-6 weeks.

Joe Frisaro �@JoeFrisaro

#Marlins lineup Reyes, Ramirez, Lee, Morrison, Ruggiano, Dobbs, Infante, Buck, Sanchez