25 Man Roster

Wild Card

Dear God in Heaven I might cry.

I can totally see it. 3B, SS, and 2B are likely offensive black holes. McGehee has never been good, and didn't even break .300 in Japan last year. Furcal is broken down, and Hech is, well, Hech. Garrett Jones is atrocious against lefty pitching and isn't all that against RHP either. It's embarrassing.

That would be monumentally dumb. Neither of those guys are even that highly rated. Turner can at least be a serviceable MLB starter, I would imagine.

I need clarify maybe not straight up but with one of there other young lower level arms as well...needless to say keep those 2 guys name in mind you will be hearing a lot about them in a year or 2

I am getting the impression Bogusevic spot on the 25 man roster is not a given... He may just be out due to Marisneck outstanding ST. Lets see...

Stanton

Yelich

Marisnick

Ozuna

Johnson

Keep in mind both Jones and Baker can play in the Outfield as well

I just don't see the Marlins sending Ozuna down I know many feel because he has hardly played over A level he could benefit from it, He has already shown he has ML ability. He was in a ST funk but he is getting out of it

Ozuna absolutely had a rocky ST but lately he has settled at the plate... He is still pretty young so a trip to New Orleans may not be the worst thing However Bogusevic has been Horrible .346 OPS (I get the small sample size 37 PA) He has more Ks (7) than hits (6) and only 1 BB His SLG is an eye popping .162 and he is an outfielder (The batboy has shown more power than him)... at least Ozuna has a .314 OBP and .655 OPS. If the Marlins are going to send down Ozuna then they need to bring someone else in off the waiver wire quick because Bogusevic has done absolutely nothing to make the roster. The Marlins are better off putting Billy The Marlin in the Outfield

I am getting the impression Bogusevic spot on the 25 man roster is not a given... He may just be out due to Marisneck outstanding ST. Lets see...

Stanton

Yelich

Marisnick

Ozuna

Johnson

Keep in mind both Jones and Baker can play in the Outfield as well

I just don't see the Marlins sending Ozuna down I know many feel because he has hardly played over A level he could benefit from it, He has already shown he has ML ability. He was in a ST funk but he is getting out of it

Ozuna absolutely had a rocky ST but lately he has settled at the plate... He is still pretty young so a trip to New Orleans may not be the worst thing However Bogusevic has been Horrible .346 OPS (I get the small sample size 37 PA) He has more Ks (7) than hits (6) and only 1 BB His SLG is an eye popping .162 and he is an outfielder (The batboy has shown more power than him)... at least Ozuna has a .314 OBP and .655 OPS. If the Marlins are going to send down Ozuna then they need to bring someone else in off the waiver wire quick because Bogusevic has done absolutely nothing to make the roster. The Marlins are better off putting Billy The Marlin in the Outfield

They won't keep Marisnick and Ozuna both in the majors. And Ozuna would be sent to Jax, not New Orleans. I want Marisnick to make the team, but I wouldn't be surprised if they sent them both down.

Then who do you see being the other OF besides Stanton, Yelich and Johnson, or are you going with only 3 Of to begin the season

At this point I think it's either going to be Marisnick in CF or Yelich in CF and Bogus/Johnson platoon in LF for a while.

Frisaro thinks Jeff Baker is going to start in LF on opening day, but I doubt that he starts over Johnson with a lefty pitching. Johnson hits lefties well also, and Red likes Baker's versatility. Baker probably does not start especially if Lucas is not on the team for whatever reason.

It cannot be said that Marisnick did not do enough to make the 25 man Roster... He has been outstanding in every way. I believe He may have earned himself the start on Opening day in CF. He is looking like the player The Marlins envisioned all along

He's had a great spring, sure, but it's a little premature to compare him with god.

Perhaps that's why he's not hit a homer, as well. But hey, if he makes contact and can get on base at a nice rate, good enough for me. He's got good speed, so perhaps potential lead-off hitter.

If that does happen, could put Yelich in the three hole and bat Stanton fourth. Just not sure who we'd put second, guess it depends on lefty/righty.