Frisaro's thoughts on the core

Admin

where do you think they go and upgrade? Besides the obvious pitching. Offense is set unless they deal Prado and Ozuna and decide to really do something about first base. 

Trade them.

Everyone should be available honestly.  The only guys I'd have in my no trade list is Stanton and Yelich.  And even then, if the return was good enough, I'd move Yelich.  

Here's the problem as I see it....the FO is not going to be able to do what they did last offseason and just trade for upgrades. They're out of minor league trade chips. So they will probably be forced to look at free agency.

crap. Good point. Probably means they'll have to part with major league trade chips .

Eh I don't know that it need a LOT of changes.  It needs Stanton and Jose and Alvarez not to get hurt.  It needs a 1b upgrade and a #2 starter.  And it needs to ditch some dead weight.  Let's start there.  Stanton might appreciate an actual experienced big league manager too, maybe not.

Trade them.

Everyone should be available honestly.  The only guys I'd have in my no trade list is Stanton and Yelich.  And even then, if the return was good enough, I'd move Yelich.  

Agreed. I think it is in the best interest to move Prado, Koehler, Dunn and hopefully there is a nice market out there for Ozuna in the offseason. Hopefully that can land you a nice arm in one of the deals and a young bat as well. With the others giving us some depth in the minor leagues.

The first issue they address at the beginning of the offseason is the manager, after that I assume they will start sorting out the roster.

Eovaldi would probably have a losing record here. 

You should really check out Eovaldi's stats since the marlins game... He's really developed that splitter/2 seamer pitch that has been absolutely awesome lately (huge swkstrk rate). FG did a nice thing on him today

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/nate-eovaldi-no-fastball-is-too-big-to-hide/

He's been really good and if he continues with that splitter could really be that #2/3 kind of guy. Of course I really doubt he would have developed a splitter with our pitching coaches

And while I'm dreaming, I also want Arenado at third.  

I"m going to go on a limb and say the Marlins have zero shot at acquiring Arenado.  Maybe for Stanton.  Even then, who knows if they take that deal.

And for whomever mentioned Rizzo, there is less chance to acquire him from the Cubs.

You should really check out Eovaldi's stats since the marlins game... He's really developed that splitter/2 seamer pitch that has been absolutely awesome lately (huge swkstrk rate). FG did a nice thing on him today

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/nate-eovaldi-no-fastball-is-too-big-to-hide/

He's been really good and if he continues with that splitter could really be that #2/3 kind of guy. Of course I really doubt he would have developed a splitter with our pitching coaches

I actually watched him last night and was impressed with his curveball which used to be absolutely terrible here. All I'm saying is that he's still a contact pitcher and was a #3 type already here. It's not a coaching issue; it's a front office doesn't know what they're doing issue. 

It will likely be someone other than either of those two choices.

It shouldn't be. It should be a right-handed bat who can complement one of those two guys. Platoons work. 

Edit: And it should be to complement Bour. Dietrich should be used differently because he's proven he can play some other positions without embarrassing himself. 

It shouldn't be. It should be a right-handed bat who can complement one of those two guys. Platoons work. 

Edit: And it should be to complement Bour. Dietrich should be used differently because he's proven he can play some other positions without embarrassing himself. 

"Double switches work better"

-Dan Jennings, millionaire. 

I"m going to go on a limb and say the Marlins have zero shot at acquiring Arenado.  Maybe for Stanton.  Even then, who knows if they take that deal.

And for whomever mentioned Rizzo, there is less chance to acquire him from the Cubs.

Who knows if who would take that deal? The Marlins? Or the Rockies? Because if the Rockies were able to get Stanton for Arenado, they would be complete asshats not to do it. It would be highway robbery.

Like, Arenado has a lifetime OBP of .315 and Stanton has a higher WAR this season despite having played about half as many games.