4/29 postgame

Guest Vince0926

hi. Didnt read anything in game thread or this post yet. my toughts:

It was the right move by Don to pull Conley considering the circumstance although from a fan perspective it really sucks. No hitters are completely arbitrary and don was playing to win the game and save his pen. It was the absolute right move to go with Urena

About time Bour

Why wasn't Rojas playing 2b and DD 1st? He easily makes that play on the soft hit ball.

Ramos needs 2 to 3 days off. 5 saves since Sunday = 87 mph fastball. Let Phelps close

Nice win

I don't like ramos as a person too much. and he displays wayyyy too much emotion especially since his only out came after 2 walks. 6 game winning streak but this could have been a COL type of game after an incredible series out west. very upset.

I don't post much on here obviously, but it sure seems you have an infatuation with Ramos and Culture of Losing stuff.  Just what makes you dislike Ramos as a person?

Are the Phillies really 13-10. 

Also, when was the last time Marlins were above .500? 2014?

12-12 was high water mark last year and this feels eerily similar. 

Dude, c'mon. We were 5-11 a week ago, now we're 11-11. Can you just be happy with that right now and step back from the ledge for once? Please? Yes, I get it, it was similar to last year, sure, whatever, but it doesn't mean that the remainder of the year plays out the same.

Guest Vince0926
Are the Phillies really 13-10. 

Also, when was the last time Marlins were above .500? 2014?

12-12 was high water mark last year and this feels eerily similar. 

8/22/2014

Guest Vince0926
I don't post much on here obviously, but it sure seems you have an infatuation with Ramos and Culture of Losing stuff.  Just what makes you dislike Ramos as a person?

Don't like Ramos because he appears arrogant and brash. Never met him so maybe I'm wrong. Just rubs me the wrong way. Like papelbon. For the culture of losing stuff, in the end it circles on both the shoddy ownership and in game scenarios where "I have seen this many times before" rears its head

Mattingly made the right move by taking Conley out.  The kid is young, and yes, he likely would have ended up at around 140 pitches in a game where we were up 5-0. Personally, I blame that ump last night who squeezed Adam on a couple of would-be K's that ended in walks instead (and there's where the extra pitches went in the end).  I guess I shouldn't expect anything positive to come from Kerwin's crew though. 

I don't see Conley as a #2 just yet, I see him as a fantastic #3 but the brewers did make some hard contact on a few occasions last night that happened to go foul or be lined right at someone.  He's a young pup though and he throws so free and easy, it's been a treat to watch him this season.  I think he might be a #2 in another season or so of consistency.

I don't like Ramos, didn't like him last year,  and don't like him this year.  He seemingly NEVER has a 1-2-3 inning.  I think he's had one so far this year but that's it.  His results have been impressive overall but eventually he will start giving up some wins with this crap.  It is nice to see Cishek is back to his dominating form again with the Mariners in this early season.  I almost feel that Phelps would make a better closer at this point although it sure is nice having him bridge the gap, especially since he can go more than an inning if needed. 

Guest Vince0926
Mattingly made the right move by taking Conley out.  The kid is young, and yes, he likely would have ended up at around 140 pitches in a game where we were up 5-0. Personally, I blame that ump last night who squeezed Adam on a couple of would-be K's that ended in walks instead (and there's where the extra pitches went in the end).  I guess I shouldn't expect anything positive to come from Kerwin's crew though. 

I don't see Conley as a #2 just yet, I see him as a fantastic #3 but the brewers did make some hard contact on a few occasions last night that happened to go foul or be lined right at someone.  He's a young pup though and he throws so free and easy, it's been a treat to watch him this season.  I think he might be a #2 in another season or so of consistency.

I don't like Ramos, didn't like him last year,  and don't like him this year.  He seemingly NEVER has a 1-2-3 inning.  I think he's had one so far this year but that's it.  His results have been impressive overall but eventually he will start giving up some wins with this crap.  It is nice to see Cishek is back to his dominating form again with the Mariners in this early season.  I almost feel that Phelps would make a better closer at this point although it sure is nice having him bridge the gap, especially since he can go more than an inning if needed. 

phelps has this serious intensity about him that's pretty sound. HE should be the closer. when things don't go ramos' way it clearly shows and its annoying/nerve wracking. he should be the set up.

welp good news. phelps would be the closer today, no?

Ramos is the most underrated on this board. It's been that way for a while. 

Yes, he walks a lot of guys, but he's a good reliever. Check out his numbers over the years. 

Also, how can he be blamed for last night? He got the out he needed to get in a game he shouldn't have been in. That was Urena's fault. Ramos was pitching his 5th game in 6 days; it looked like he had dead arm or something. 

Ramos is the most underrated on this board. It's been that way for a while. 

Yes, he walks a lot of guys, but he's a good reliever. Check out his numbers over the years. 

Also, how can he be blamed for last night? He got the out he needed to get in a game he shouldn't have been in. That was Urena's fault. Ramos was pitching his 5th game in 6 days; it looked like he had dead arm or something. 

Ramos needs the next 2 days off and I'm not sure why he was even allowed to pitch last night as he clearly is tired. What's really wonderful about him is he is a 3 to 4 pitch RP and when his fastball & change clearly were toast (from exhaustion/dead arm) he was still able to locate with the slider. I still question why he or Don thought he could even pitch to begin wtih but a W is a W

Guest Vince0926

Solution to the game today is for Chen to pitch lights out for 8. Then the furthest from appeared reliever out there. Breslow, Morris, etc