3/30 Marlins vs Cubs postgame thread

marlinsmaniac

Great game.  There was some stellar defense & pitching.  We also might not have the most talent, but there's no quit in this team.

...and Wallach needs to get in the batting cage, and get out of his own head.  He's his own worst enemy at the plate.

Guest CHRISTYTOD

A very exciting way to get their first win. As someone previously stated, they don't quit. What a breath of fresh air this is....so far!  All we can ask for is max-effort and guys having fun out there!

The team has come as advertised thus far. May not win a bunch overall but Brinson and Anderson look good, the veterans are holding things together, defense looks good, bullpen been great, starting pitching has been solid overall, and the team is fighting and staying competitive and "playing to win" and is showing signs of hope for the future. 

Understanding it's only 2 games yes but a lot of what we've hoped for has already shown up. 

Deep counts, lots of walks, not many strikeouts. If some of the guys can show some power, we might not have a bad offense. Insert JT instead of wallach, we might be a good offense. If Smith and Garcia can look like they did tonight on a regular basis we might not be a bad team.

Who pitches today?

I just hope for Wallach to make contact once.

Look forward to JT and Prado (find a place for Anderson) getting back, better at bats, more potent lineup, better bench.

I’m more interested in keeping Anderson at third and moving prado to second and Starlin to short. I love Rojas defense,   But I prefer prado’s bat

I’m worried Prado is going to be battling injury all year.  I would also like to see Anderson take ownership over 3B. Once Realmuto gets back it helps tremendously.  We’ve got two automatic outs at the moment. Unfortunately we can’t count on days like we got from Caleb and Jarlin all the time.   Jarlin stole the show late but we shouldn’t forget Smith had a stellar outing.