Brinson and De La Cruz

8 hours ago, Das Texan said:

I hope Brinson can keep this hot streak going and translate it into sustained MLB success.

Marlins have their CF issue resolved then at least for a few years then!

I believe Ng won't stupid enough to think Brinson a starter just because of good hitting for one or two months, go all in to acquire a real proven CF and retain Brinson as a super 4th OF.

Edited by taiwanmarlin

9 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I believe Ng won't stupid enough to think Brinson a starter just because of good hitting for one or two months, go all in to acquire a real proven CF and retain Brinson as a super 4th OF.

If Brinson keeps this type of production up for the rest of the season, he would have earned a starting job next season. You don't wait for a player to develop only to discard him because he didn't develop fast enough.

That said, they should still absolutely go all in on Marte next season.  The other OF options aren't great and Castellanos is probably too rich for our blood.  

An OF of Sanchez, Marte and the New LB would give us a formidable OF.  If Brinson regresses back to his old form, we can bring up one of Conine, Bleday or Encarnacion. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

If Brinson keeps this type of production up for the rest of the season, he would have earned a starting job next season. You don't wait for a player to develop only to discard him because he didn't develop fast enough.

That said, they should still absolutely go all in on Marte next season.  The other OF options aren't great and Castellanos is probably too rich for our blood.  

An OF of Sanchez, Marte and the New LB would give us a formidable OF.  If Brinson regresses back to his old form, we can bring up one of Conine, Bleday or Encarnacion. 

I just hope this doesn't turn into them hanging onto Sierra and a lesser extent Harrison for 5 years because Brinson is finally doing better so that must mean they will too, right?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I just hope this doesn't turn into them hanging onto Sierra and a lesser extent Harrison for 5 years because Brinson is finally doing better so that must mean they will too, right?

Harrison hasn't had nearly the opportunities they have, though. Yes he's looked bad, I know, and AAA ain't much better, but c'mon meow.

Cut after next season if he hasn't figured anything out by then.

3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Brinson was not placed in the top 5 in the order until August 1st. This was the 3rd game that Rowson had managed with Brinson in the 7 hole in the 2nd game that Rowson managed. Brinson had a .905 OPS in July and a .937 OPS under Mattingly hitting down in the order in July. Pretty sure that it was an organizational decision to move up Brinson and he would have been just as hot with Mattingly as manager. I am certain that he will be in the cleanup spot for Mattingly tomorrow. Even if you think that Rowson had a big impact on Brinson's emergence (something I would not doubt), it's not like Rowson wasn't around the players before Mattingly went down.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I just don't think it's something related to the manager or the coach, Rowson was already over here long time. Maybe the departure of Marte and Duvall relieve some pressure from him.

I don't know about pressure, but the added playing time probably doesn't hurt. Still, given his hot streak, if we had kept Marte and Duvall, he would probably still be getting regular starts at LF over Sierra, Alfaro, and De La Cruz.

Edited by FishFan95

9 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I just don't think it's something related to the manager or the coach, Rowson was already over here long time. Maybe the departure of Marte and Duvall relieve some pressure from him.

Or the pressure that this is his last chance is kicking in 

On 8/12/2021 at 1:36 PM, Michael said:

Harrison hasn't had nearly the opportunities they have, though. Yes he's looked bad, I know, and AAA ain't much better, but c'mon meow.

Cut after next season if he hasn't figured anything out by then.

The point was more holding onto guys forever hoping they work out because that one guy worked out after years.  doesn't work like that for all players.

28 minutes ago, mystikol87 said:

In my opinion, he's at least earned a long look to start somewhere in the OF next year. With the way this team "spends," they'll guarantee him a spot and use it not to sign a higher-profile free agent like Marte. #provemewrong

Its looking like that'll be the case. Sure hope not.

20 hours ago, rmc523 said:

The point was more holding onto guys forever hoping they work out because that one guy worked out after years.  doesn't work like that for all players.

To be fair the Marlins have had a lot of those.

Donovan Solano

Andrew Miller

Brad Hand

Cameron Maybin

and I'm probably forgetting more. That's just off the top of my head